The position of Licensed Architect will include design & technical skills as well as experience in project management to develop building design concepts and solutions in various markets. This position will exercise technical skills in preparing design visualizations, construction documents, and communication graphics. The position of Licensed Architect will support our architecture teams in Santa Ana, San Diego, Norco and Boise. Our projects create community – we design and manage the building of physical space that brings people together. Projects include mixed use, restaurant, and retail and facility improvement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Design & prepare construction drawings utilizing Revit software.
• Prepare communication graphics & presentations utilizing Adobe Creative Suite programs.
• Work collaboratively with project team members in all offices.
• Review, coordinate and incorporate the work of engineers.
• Assist in preparing assembly, enclosure, and waterproofing details under experienced supervision.
• Process construction submittals, RFIs, substitution requests and shop drawings.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills and a desire to function in a position of high visibility both internal and external to the company. Superior leadership and interpersonal abilities.
Minimum Education and Skills Experience
• Must be licensed in the state of California
• 8+years of experience as a Licensed Architect
• Experience with project type: Mixed Use, Retail, Restaurant, facility improvement.
• Proficiency in Revit
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
• 3D rendering and visualization skills
• Conceptual understanding of building codes, standards and building structures
• Conceptual understanding how buildings are constructed with the ability to co-create technical details and documents that succinctly describe the project
• Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• Bachelor's degree in Architecture or related field
• Attend client meetings at job site locations or TAIT offices as needed.
• Ability to drive a vehicle to job sites.
• Ability to occasionally lift plan sets that range in weight from 1lb – 20lbs.