The Basics — We are currently looking to add to our team. At present, we are seeking a Senior Mechanical (HVAC) Engineer with a minimum of ten years experience designing systems for commercial, educational, healthcare and multifamily buildings. The successful candidate will be a seasoned and capable engineering project manager, capable of designing and engineering a project from initial concept through completed construction.
The Requirements —
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Professional Engineering License in NJ & PA (If applicant does not have both, the ability to obtain the one the applicant does not have).
- Project management experience a must (including interfacing with client, coworkers, and code officials).
- Proven track record of success in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Hands-on experience with engineering, design, building, and mechanical code requirements, with emphasis on multifamily facilities including affordable housing, student housing and market-rate housing.
- Energy efficient design knowledge in definitely a plus.
- Familiarity with the following apartment building types are a benefit: Garden, Low-rise, Mid-rise and High-rise.
- Document quality assurance and control skills.
- Project field experience (punch list and physical needs assessments).
- Professional technical writing skill is beneficial.
- Demonstrated proficiency in ArchiCAD or AutoCAD environment.
- LEED accreditation is desirable, but not a requirement.