Our client is a consulting firm of architects and engineers dedicated exclusively to the planning, design and construction of laboratory and technical spaces for scientific research and education. We are located in San Diego, CA and Raleigh, NC and have delivered projects in all 50 states and internationally. We are looking for new team members who want to influence the design of significant and important buildings for the science community.
What you'll do
- Prepare engineering construction documents, floor plans, and specifications for laboratory facilities.
- Design plumbing and specialty gas piping systems for laboratory spaces.
- Design HVAC systems for cleanroom, biocontainment, and controlled environment laboratory spaces.
- Provide engineering support to teams through the design and execution of laboratory and technical facilities within science buildings.
- Work with client and project stakeholders at campuses and sites around the country.
- Review architectural, structural, and MEP construction documents from others to confirm laboratory systems are properly documented and coordinated.
- Provide engineering support during the construction administration phase, including review of submittal documentation, and on-site review of installations.
- There is significant opportunity for growth within a structure that supports and rewards independent thinking and entrepreneurship.
What we are looking for
At a minimum you'll:
- Have a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering.
- Possess strong organizational and independent working skills.
- Have the ability to manage and develop multiple projects simultaneously.
- Have strong communication skills and ability to work with clients and collaborators.
An Ideal Candidate Would Be
- Experienced with HVAC, and plumbing
- Familiar with the AIA project delivery cycle and CSI Three-part specifications.
- Proficient with Autodesk and Revit
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
View public job page