ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with engineering design project planning (i.e., conceptual design through construction drawing development).
- Complete code-required energy compliance and LEED documentation.
- Perform final check of all work issued to ensure high quality, seal and sign documents as required.
- Assist the Pre-Construction team with project pursuits, in the form of conceptual designs, one-lines, preliminary system selections and high-level energy analysis, code reviews, and support and attendance at project interviews.
- Evaluate design parameters and system solutions for projects that respond to both the technical and budget requirements of the project.
- Conduct engineering calculations, energy analysis, economic analysis, selection and layout of equipment, duct and piping system design.
- Understanding of applications engineering including psychometrics, refrigeration, acoustics, and controls systems.
- Assist with coordination of design and installation with Project Management, Construction and Service departments, Controls, and other trade partners.
- Field engineering: assist with project execution, site surveys, trade coordination, scheduling, document management and problem-solving.
- Computer 2D and 3D modeling of HVAC or plumbing systems utilizing the latest modeling software.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with colleagues and project team members.
- Manage time to meet project schedules and task deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering required from an accredited college or university.
- Professional Engineering license or ability to obtain the license required.
- Prior intern experience with a mechanical contractor and/or engineering consultant preferred, but not required.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at different levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment or independently, flexibility to adapt to changing needs/situations.
- Excellent understanding of Engineering fundamentals.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or Revit, or similar drafting software preferred.
- Health and Dental Coverage
- Employee Stock Owned Program (ESOP)
- Paid Time Off, including Paid Company Holidays
- Eligible for company 401k matching program