Do you have experience managing projects and looking to advance your career? Are you at that point in your career when you are wanting to take that next step into leadership? We may have just the opportunity for you.
My client is looking for a Civil Engineer, to join our Roadways/Municipal Transportation Group. This position entails project management and a lead design role for transportation projects. We work on a variety of project types including planning studies, street and highway design and rehabilitation services, ADA compliance, and complex interchanges. The ideal person will offer expertise, provide guidance to team members and lead by example. Strong ethical standards and a desire to help others progress in their career will be key. Come be part of a company that provides remarkable solutions to our clients which ensures a better quality of life for our communities. This opportunity will be based out of our Round Rock office and service the entire Austin Metro area.
- Manage and/or Lead Design on transportation engineering projects including reconstruction or rehabilitation of intersections, local streets, collectors, arterials, rural roadways, and sidewalks including ADA facilities.
- Analyze reports, maps, drawings, perform site visits, and review survey data to plan and assemble construction documents.
- Conduct preliminary engineering evaluations and studies to identify design improvement alternatives, compare options, and assist in making design recommendations related to transportation projects. Prepare project quantities and cost estimates.
- Be responsible for project quality on tasks assigned as defined in the Quality Assurance / Quality Control guidelines.
- Provide hands-on expertise to lead/contribute to the design of complex projects on a multidisciplinary team.
- Coach and mentor less experienced staff and assist with their career development.
- Use basic project management skills to plan, organize and monitor work activities and budgets, and assist in group scheduling and planning.
- Establish and maintain client relationships with new and existing client base.
- Assist in business development opportunities, including preparation of proposals, participation in client meetings and engagement in marketing activities to grow our client network.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Texas, other states a plus
- 5+ years of experience in project design and plan development
- Experience with MicroStation and AutoCAD
- Strong working technical knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Experience with project pursuits and proposal development is a plus
- Ability to lead design teams on a variety of transportation project types
- Experience with negotiating project scopes and proven success managing project budgets and schedules
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels both internally and externally