Company is searching for an Architect that wants to join a firm that specializes in creating places that support, enhance and inspire healing, learning and discovery. This role, based in our Raleigh studio, will participate in all phases of a project, from conceptual design through technical and construction documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Architectural design and planning process on projects. Assist in client engagement through all processes and tools.
- Work with Project Manager or Senior Project Manager to develop and maintain a successful, executable workplan throughout the life of the project.
- Develop and present design ideas, planning concepts, architectural development and detailing to clients during development of design.
- Responsible for final detailing, materials selections & specifications and overall guidance on architectural objectives and concepts.
- Responsible for primary oversight on all construction administration activities.
- Complete and accurate coordinate across all Disciplines, Design & Execution components
- Support, oversee, and evaluate work of architectural team and BIM technicians.
- Coordination of design document preparation across all disciplines.
- Mentor other team members
- Mentoring and/or sharing architectural knowledge with others in the firm across all aspects of the design, documentation, and delivery of projects.
- Minimize rework
- Recommend timely alterations to design to improve quality and maintain clients goals and objectives.
- Suggest process improvements to the department as a whole.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote company’s reputation through good client relations.
- Continue education through seminars and participation in professional organizations.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Critical Skills and Abilities
- Design: Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; collaborate with others to modify design; applies design principles
- Effective communication skills: Strong communication skills via verbal communication, written communication, and through active listening. Ability to read and interpret information necessary to translate to others.
- Leadership Skills: Able to assume a role of responsibility, as necessary; sets an example for coworkers; delegates and empowers associates to make decisions and take personal accountability for decisions.
- High Accuracy and attention to detail: Able to perform work and job function with precision and accuracy; carefully monitors processes; concentrates on details, organizes and maintains a system of records.
- Ownership Mentality: Possesses a sense of ownership in all deliverables. Utilizes knowledge and opportunity to continually strive for excellence within an empowering culture. Collaborates and supports fellow employee owners in ongoing improvements. Understands personal accountability within their role in the company.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Windows environment, Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel; Google: Mail, Calendar, Drive, Apps; familiarity with Deltek Vision preferred.
- Architecture: Revit, Sketchup, Bluebeam; Graphic Software: InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop