Who We Are - My client is one of the region's largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms, with more than 400 employees. We are a regional firm with national experience located in twenty-one offices throughout the Southeastern United States. Our projects touch on almost every aspect of the built environment from designing parks, schools and hospitals to providing clean water, safe streets and protecting endangered environments. We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference.
We’re looking for the best and brightest to help us reach and exceed our aggressive goals. We have a variety of programs that focus on our employees and communities. We place a high value in being part of our communities and giving back throughout the year supporting various charities and local events. We encourage each person to set personal goals with guidance from a mentor and then we support you so you can reach them. We value employee feedback and use that to shape our annual strategic plans. We offer all of this and more because we are only as strong as our people. Our mission is to create opportunities for our people and the people we serve to create communities that thrive.
Job Description – My client is seeking a SITE CIVIL ENGINEERING PROJECT MANAGER with minimum 5 years’ experience to join our Greenville, SC team. Applicants should be a registered PE with licensure in Alabama, or be able to obtain licensure within 1 year. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated engineer to work in a growing office. The Site Civil Engineering Project Manager will have an active role in business development and coordinating site civil engineering design with client schedules, other project managers, and design staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, designing, bidding, and construction management for public and private civil projects and programs
- Provide technical design support to the design team for efficiency, quality, or performance to fulfill project requirements
- Project Management duties include developing scope, schedule, and budget; design, calculations and analysis; feasibility and cost studies; recommendation of alternative approaches, including the incorporation of new methods and materials; preparing technical reports and memos; managing the design team to ensure project timelines and scope are satisfied
- Conduct QA/QC reviews of all types of civil design drawings, documents and reports, verifying accuracy of data, information and calculations
- Determine local regulations and processes for full plan approvals
- Supervise project team, support staff and coordinate with other disciplines for execution of the project
- Manage and mentor engineering and operation staff as needed
- Business Development duties include collaboration and communication with client municipalities, cities, townships and private entities with respect and professionalism; client and professional meetings; project identification and composing proposals and contracts
- Represent interests in the industry by maintaining knowledge of emerging technologies, pursuing research and development opportunities, and active conference/committee participation in professional societies
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, or related engineering field, is required
- At least 5 years of site civil project experience since Bachelor's degree
- Registration as P.E.
- Previous experience and demonstrated performance in the project design and delivery of medium and large civil/site development projects
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and other common computer software
- Working knowledge of EJCDC and MasterSpec contract documents
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D and hydraulic modeling software
- Experience as a leader, mentor, and problem solver with a determination for excellence
- Proven work ethic and drive to serve
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Active in the community via professional or civic organizations