Job Title: Civil Senior Project Manager
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager - Civil Engineering with 10+ years of professional experience to be part of our Civil Engineering team in Austin, Texas.
AT confidential, you will find talented, passionate associates providing exceptional service in collaborative, team-driven environments, all while having fun and enjoying the work they do. WGI prides its reputation as one of the nation's top consulting firms -- and our awards support our beliefs. We strive to stay ahead of the curve investing in the latest tools and technology. We are always looking for remarkable individuals to join our team and help expand our visionary approach. If you think you are an innovative team-player and want to shape your community, join our WGI team today!
The Senior Project Manager is the leader of a land development team for the assigned market sector. This team usually has a specific geographic area that they serve. This leader directs a team within a local office serving a defined geographic region and can have other teams working alongside. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of the operation including winning work, recruiting and developing team members, getting the work done while meeting financial and team member growth targets. This role includes accountability for building a successful practice leader in an office or area and corresponding with the market sector director to get the resources needed to execute the corporate vision.
- Regularly markets services to current and prospective clients to ensure a growing practice in the specific area of expertise
- Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to discuss land development project specifications and procedures
- To monitor and assist the team in meeting all financial goals as well as to ensure the upcoming pipeline of work is adequate to meet company goals and growth
- Recruit team members, assign, direct, and evaluate their work, and oversee the development and maintenance of team member competence
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules and processes, and making decisions regarding the purchase of materials or services with the direct involvement of the Discipline Director
- Combine, review and check all multidiscipline proposals that are issued to clients to ensure accuracy and estimating consistency
- Develop and maintain an organizational structure that maximizes efficiency across the sector organization and develop career paths for personnel
- Recommend or direct disciplinary action or termination of employees
- Ensure the market as a whole is responsive and communicates effectively
- Fully shoulder all client feedback and relay praise to team, or provide corrective measures if the client is not fully satisfied
- Coordinate and mentor Team Leaders to provide quality projects that ensure client satisfaction
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering/technical work performed in the market sector in all offices utilizing company-wide standards
- Prepare budgets, bids, and contracts, and get approvals from the Director
- Ensure that every project has a signed contract to establish a baseline for client billing
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or related field
- Ten or more years of experience post graduation
- Professional Engineer (PE) license or other professional license as required
- Post graduate business education and/or MBA preferred
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visa.