Staff Structural Engineer
Location / Office
Fishbeck is seeking a Structural Engineer to work out of our Grand Rapids office. The qualified candidate will be able to apply their training, experience and knowledge of materials, structural analysis, and design in a wide variety of materials such as structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, and wood/timber systems. The selected candidate will work on many different types of building, treatment plant, utility tunnel, piping support and other project types for municipal, educational, industrial, and commercial clients.
- Work closely with other technical staff from all Fishbeck offices to assist in providing consulting engineering services from state and private universities, national retailers, municipalities, architects, and local development clients.
- Interact daily with fellow structural engineers and project team members in a multi-disciplinary and multi-office environment.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Will be exposed to light lifting, sitting, and walking. Will use a computer. May perform duties in the field and may be required to access and maneuver around project sites. Occasionally may need to climb ladders and access structures in high locations, close quarters, dim light or locations with elevated temperatures. Must be capable of traveling to and from project locations. Able to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes. Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering with Structures emphasis
Desired Job Experience
- A BS degree with a structures emphasis from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
- PE (preferred) in Michigan or obtainable in Michigan by reciprocity.
- Familiar with, or willing to learn standards such as IBC, ASCE 7, AISC 341, ACI 350, ACI 530, and NDS.
- Familiar with standards such as AISC 360 and ACI 318.
- Familiar with or willing to learn the use of Revit modeling software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.