Plumbing/Fire Protection Engineer Roles / Responsibilities:
• Develop standards for plumbing and fire protection design documents including; drawings, developing sprinkler design criteria specifications, preliminary hydraulic calculations, fire pump selection, and code analysis.
• Edit Firms standard specifications and narratives for assigned projects.
• Review plumbing and fire protection contractor shop drawings and provide written comments (within the contractual time requirement).
• Perform field surveys of existing conditions and assist the construction administration department with reviewing plumbing and fire protection system installations.
• Review Architectural and Engineering drawings for conformance with model and local codes, as well as NFPA standards.
• Research model and local codes, as well as nationally recognized standards to assist in the development of project code compliance.
• Develop reports, letters and memos with the assistance of other engineers.
• Design plumbing systems (central domestic water heating plants, backflow preventers, medical gas, etc.) and fire protection systems (NFPA 13, fire pumps, hydraulic calculations, etc.).
• Attend meetings with the project team (Architect, Engineers, Construction Manager, Owner, etc.) throughout the design process to coordinate the space requirements for plumbing and fire protection equipment and routing od distribution for these systems.