Campus Support Director Hillel International
Remote (travel required)
Applications will be accepted until September 14 and candidates will be considered on a rolling basis.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY FOR IMPACT
The Campus Support Director (CSD) is a role for experienced Hillel leaders from high-performing Hillels. As a CSD, you will have the opportunity to partner across the movement to support students and professionals to create an enduring connection to Jewish life through campus experiences.
Over the past several years, the CSDs have built strong and trusting relationships with campus professionals and have supported the ongoing improvement of those campuses by providing expert guidance and mentorship to local Hillel leaders. They also help local Hillels strategically access and leverage the resources of Hillel’s Schusterman International Center including development supports, executive searches, grants, best practice resources and more.
Through this partnership, Hillels are more successful, Hillel’s Schusterman International Center has a deeper knowledge of what is happening at every Hillel, and we can proactively work to support each Hillel toward our collective goals. Additionally, satisfaction with Hillel’s Schusterman International Center will be higher and trust stronger.
Campus Support Directors are successful when, over time, all Hillels in their portfolio:
· Foster a workplace culture that grows and retains their professionals and cultivates top talent to move up in the Hillel movement and to other great organizations in the Jewish world;
· Build and maintain thriving campus environments that effectively cultivate Jewish pluralism, and implement student engagement strategies that optimize breadth, depth, and impact;
· Effectively use data to analyze impact and improve programming and operations;
· Improve fundraising so they can achieve revenue targets that give them the capacity to invest and sustain adequate dollars per student to support excellence; and
· Have a strong governance model that provides strategic direction and appropriate oversight and invites lay leaders and stakeholders to be partners in building an excellent Hillel.
Each year, the CSD team sets specific goals relative to these objectives for their portfolios.
In addition, CSDs also play critical roles to lead initiatives or to partner with and support other teams and departments at Hillel International, helping to meet movement-wide goals. All CSDs maintain at least one other SIC project or initiative in their portfolio that aligns with strategic priorities and objectives. These special projects are associated with Talent, Engagement, R&D, Organizational Learning, and Advancement.
ABOUT YOU & WHAT YOU BRING
● BA required, as is 10+ years of professional experience including Hillel field and executive leadership experience.
● Keen understanding of how to use data to guide execution
● Experience creating a venture or project from scratch and building it into something successful and sustainable.
● Proven track record of successfully facilitating organizational management, change and development.
● Comfort presenting and facilitating board meetings, retreats and meetings for high level leadership, university administration and the field.
● Experience with lay leadership development and collaboration.
● Excellent written, editorial and verbal communication skills.
● Proven ability to cultivate strong relationships, collaborate, influence, and persuade.
● Proven success with multi-tasking and working collaboratively and cross departmentally.
● Operational and executional excellence.
● Familiarity with the Jewish community and genuine respect for the diversity of Jewish life.
● Experience coaching and mentoring others.
● Independence, reliability and discretion
● Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office suite, Google for Work, video conferencing tools and social media.
● Legally authorized to work in the United States. While we fully support remote work, we do require employees to be based in the United States.
What you’ll get out of it:
● High level strategy, intentional and robust collaboration and major impact.
● Access to and relationships with high caliber lay leaders and professionals across the country.
● Amazing, smart, dedicated, fun colleagues at Hillel International and across the Hillel movement.
● Extensive travel opportunities to conferences, campuses, and communities.
● Flexible work hours and location.
TRAVEL: This role requires 40-50% travel for on-campus support, visits, conferences, and trainings.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: $145,000 – $162,000
Hillel has a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off for Jewish and federal holidays, an informal “take what you need” vacation policy, and flexible work from home policy. In addition, employees are enthusiastically encouraged to take advantage of professional development opportunities through Hillel U or their partner organizations.
TO APPLY: Please click here to apply and submit a cover letter and resume in confidence. To nominate a candidate, email firstname.lastname@example.org with Campus Support Director in the subject line.
Hillel believes in supporting individual's growth and potential at all stages and is committed to creating equitable and representative work environments. Research shows that women and individuals who hold underrepresented identities tend to only apply to jobs that they believe they meet all the qualifications for. Job descriptions are aspirational, and no one meets every bullet listed. Hillel strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied identities and backgrounds, including people of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, LGBTQIA+ people, and people who come from low income or working-class backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, all individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local laws.