PURPOSE: The Youth Director will be responsible for leading Lifesong Church’s efforts to invest in students from 6th through 12th grade for the purpose of helping them Know God, Live in the Freedom He desires for them, Discover the Purpose He’s designed them for, and Deliver the Hope of Jesus to the world around them.
REPORTS TO: Next Gen Director
- Work directly with the Lead Pastor and Next Gen Director to shape vision and strategy for youth ministry.
- Directly oversee team leaders in carrying out established ministry vision and strategy.
- Ensure the effective building, training, and leading of required teams.
- Ensure quality and consistency in environments, programming, and execution of middle school and high school ministry.
- Foster a healthy partnership with parents in the discipleship and care of their students.
- Collaborate as needed with the Creative Director to design and facilitate promotional strategies as well as visual theming and content for youth activities and events such as regular youth services, summer gatherings, outreach initiatives, missions trips, etc.
- Collaborate as appropriate with the Production and Worship Directors to design programming for youth events.
- Help build and manage the youth ministry budget and ensure its proper stewardship.
- Track key performance indicators and conduct regular reviews to drive continuous improvement.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Proven experience building and leading teams
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
After a year of dreaming, praying, and planning, Pastor David, Ginelle, and their three kids were joined by a team of 40 people who launched Lifesong Church on September 10, 2006. The church launched at the Blackstone Valley Cinema de Lux in Millbury, Massachusetts. In 2012, the church of about 400 moved into a permanent facility in Sutton, MA. Today, Lifesong is a church of more than 1,000 each week on two campuses in one of the least churched, least Jesus-claiming, least Bible-believing regions of the country.
Lifesong is a church seeking to reach 2% of the Metro-Worcester area with the good news of Jesus' love and rescue of them! With a multi-site vision and a deep love of community and outreach, Lifesong leverages a modern ministry style to build a bridge to the unchurched. Lifesong has a spirit-filled theology and a life-giving culture where people far from God can feel invited to pursue God authentically and those already following Jesus are encouraged and empowered to walk in the fullness of God’s design for their life.
Worcester is the 2nd largest city in New England and has had a huge amount of investment in its eight colleges, the biotech industry, local minor league baseball and hockey teams, and a great restaurant scene. Only an hour from the beach, the mountains, or the big city of Boston, the region is a perfect fit for someone who loves four seasons, the outdoors, and New Englanders. It’s truly a mission field that has impacted the U.S. throughout history, and you can be part of that again with us at Lifesong.