MinistryHub is honored to partner with Lifesong Church in their search for a Communications Director. Please direct all applications through MinistryHub and any inquires to email@example.com.
PURPOSE: The Communications Director will be responsible for shaping, delivering, leveraging, and protecting both Lifesong Church’s and the Senior Pastor’s voice in the content and mediums used to engage those in our church and our community for the purpose of helping them Know God, Live in Freedom, Discover Purpose, and Deliver Hope.
REPORTS TO: Engagement Director
● Develop and leverage our website and applicable mobile apps and tools to maximize their potential for allowing those in
our church to stay connected, informed, and progressing in their discipleship journey while also providing an inviting and
effective digital front door for those outside our church.
● Develop and execute our social media strategy to leverage the relevant platforms for fostering community and
involvement among those within our church as well as increasing exposure and engagement among those in our region
who don’t yet have a church home.
● Craft and distribute church email and text communications for the purpose of sharing vision, inspiring engagement, and
● Compose scripts for videos that will be used to share vision, updates, and information through things like in service
announcements, email, and social media.
● Be a part of developing and executing marketing strategies to effectively reach those in our community not yet connected
to a church.
● Stay on the bleeding edge of how church communications tools and technologies are innovating in order to maximize
effectiveness and efficiency around Lifesong’s use of communications mediums and methods.
● Define, track, and evaluate the appropriate reporting and analytics for shaping and continuously refining how we
leverage and integrate across digital platforms in order to maximize their capabilities for reaching the unchurched and
dechurched in our community as well as discipling those within our church.
● Build, train, and lead required volunteer teams to support our communications strategy.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
● Ability to build and lead teams
● Ability to think strategically and creatively
● Self motivated and able to work independently
● Strong project management skills
● Web design and/or coding training/experience preferred
● Experience with web and social media metrics and analytics preferred
● Data mining experience preferred
● Bachelor’s degree preferred