Founded 1952, Foot Levelers is the world’s leading provider of custom orthotics in the world. They are a family run business with an unparalleled made-in-the-U.S. product and they are pumped about what they do it's tough for them not to shout it from the rooftop (or desktops!)
Location: This is a full-time on-site position.
HQ: 518 Pocahontas Avenue, Roanoke, VA 24012, US
Working Hours: Standard hours are 8-5 with some flexibility on start time
Full Stack Software & Web Developer
FLI is expanding and we are looking for a talented Full-Stack Engineer! This role is an incredible opportunity to work with a dynamic team, contribute to both greenfield projects and legacy applications, and grow your skills in a diverse set of technologies.
As a Full-Stack Engineer at FLI, you will work closely with the most senior engineer in the beginning to understand our technical landscape and codebase, and will contribute to the development of their unique application landscape. You will also have the opportunity to work on greenfield projects and to develop your skills in front-end/web technologies, such as Vue.JS and Angular, as well as back-end technologies, including C# and Python.
We are looking for an engineer who is passionate about solving problems, producing quality code, and working collaboratively with a team. You will have the opportunity to work in a flat structure and take ownership of your work, while also collaborating with other engineers, QA, and project coordinators.
We understand that you may have questions about this role and what it entails. To help you better understand the opportunity, we have broken down the team, focus, culture, and compensation in the sections below.
Technical Landscape (primary languages across all applications):
- HTML/CSS (Sass)
- Python 2.7
- Django 1.11
- PostgreSQL (12.11)
- Restful API back end in Python and Django
- Git - Source Control
- Bitbucket - Repo
- NetSuite leveraged for Task Mgmt. + Tracking
- Microservices architecture
- Legacy .net development (vb, win/web, mvc)
- Rest API experience
- Proficient data layer access – SQL, PostgreSQL
- Solid utilization of source control and repositories
- Self-driven quality code production
- Collaborative by nature
Ideal experience (not required) includes:
- 3-5+ years of development experience
- Python – Highly preferred - (if no current experience, willingness to adopt and use is required)
- NetSuite or another ERP platform
- 5 engineers
- 1 QA
- No dedicated BA or PM
- ERP Team "NetSuite"
- As they integrate the NetSuite ERP system with our customer-facing Flecs system, this role will have significant contributions to developing the API that links the systems.
- Development to continue in both systems
- The team has a dedicated developer and system admin
- Lab Support
- Client apps including configuration/CAD design utilities, scan tracking systems, custom machine integrations, quality control management systems, inventory request and management programs, etc.
- Automation development
- The average team tenure is > 5 years.
- There is no dedicated BA and PM in their dept. They do have project coordinator to assist with admin work around project tracking that handles most of what is needed for the engineers.
- Host a weekly meeting for status updates
- Migrated to NetSuite and retiring JIRA for task management/documentation.
- There is no formal code review in most cases, unless needed/commanded. There is no bureaucratic check in process, check in with team mate and make sure in sync – as you deploy, deploy to a QA environment, there are a few automated checks but mostly manual testing done by QA.
- Devs run flat, nor real formal SDLC process.
Top Projects & Initiatives:
- Desktop Web App UI - NetSuite/AWS integration
- AWS migration efforts
- "Always something!"
- FLI has a diverse set of applications that span across design engineering, manufacturing, and automation. Software engineers contribute as needed and cross over into other departments for valuable reasons! For example, there is a new automation project that will be rolled out to improve efficiency for cnc-driven robotics and the manufacturing process from design to finish goods
Growth initiatives across the business:
- Brand strategy and execution
- New e-comm site
- 3 New products launching in q 1,2,3
- Optimize HubSpot
- Automation (marketing) solutions
All software engineers report to the Director of IT.
- $120,000 max target salary. Negotiable for an ideal candidate.
- Up to 4% company Holiday bonus, based on cumulative earnings
- FLI executes a 6-month performance review based on set goals and KPI’s and will review compensation.
- Medical/dental/vision coverage (100% coverage with wellness plan participation)
- 401(k) matching
- 3 total weeks PTO (including sick), increases with tenure
- 11 paid holidays
- Preventative Care time off (3 days)
- Family and medical leave (up to 12 weeks, 26 weeks for military service care)
- Basic Life, AD&D
- ST/LT Disability
- Voluntary benefit elections
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training budget for certs and conferences
- On site Gym
Travel: NA (none)
- Meet with Asymmetric Talent Solutions and discuss resume/experience, and a general get to know you meeting that will additional cover your experience.
- Complete WonScore PI (30-45 minutes) – Distributed by Asymmetric Talent
- Interview with the Director of IT followed by some of the team for a more technical chat
Work Authorization: US Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Green Card holder only