Senior Credit Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Commercial Lending
REPORTS TO (Title): SVP/Portfolio Manager
This position reports directly to the SVP/Portfolio Manager and provides a high level of customer service support for commercial loans. This includes assisting assigned Commercial Lender(s) with ongoing management of their respective loan portfolio(s) and analyzing / underwriting new and existing loans through analysis of borrower’s credit history and financial performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist the SVP/Portfolio Manager in managing the credit analyst staff (Credit Analyst level I’s and II’s, Senior Credit Analysts, and Hybrid Senior Credit Analyst/Relationship Managers). This would include work flow assignments; loan application turnaround time management; provide technical underwriting guidance to Analysts/Lenders/BDO’s when required; execute the development & implementation of formal annual review process within the Credit Department, including a tickler management process for the dunning & receipt of Borrower/Guarantor financial information.
· Obtains loan request information from assigned Commercial Lender or borrower to prepare cash flow analysis, analyze credit information, financial statements, tax returns and other related information pertaining to the loan.
· Supports assigned Commercial Lender(s) with the management and renewing of maturing existing commercial loan accounts. Responsible for the review of assigned future maturing loan reports, auditing borrower files for required updated information to consider loan renewal and supporting the Commercial Lender with customer contact. Assists Commercial Lender(s) in obtaining all necessary information for loan renewal processing.
· Reviews loan documentation, personal and business financial statements, and tax returns. Analyzes financial information and communicates with the Loan Officers throughout the process.
· Prepares written analysis, spreadsheets, strengths and risks analysis for each loan request.
· Assists assigned Commercial Lender in the loan structuring, gathering of borrower/guarantor/third party vendor information, and other pertinent application information to process the loan request and prepare approved commercial loans for settlement. This to including assisting the Commercial Lender(s) with the gathering of Pre-Closing information required to prepare loan documentation and meet approved closing conditions as outlined within the loan approval document (“Credit Authorization Memorandum”).
· Identifies and communicates points of internal loan exposure on current loan requests, as well as
identifies exceptions to the Bank’s policies.
· Accompanies Commercial Lenders on customer calls as needed/directed.
· Presents final written loan analyses to both assigned Commercial Lender and SVP/Portfolio Manager for final review and approval.
· May be asked to accompany Commercial Lender to the Bank’s Officer Loan Committee for larger
· Work with the SVP/Portfolio Manager on special projects as assigned.
· Expected to work with a fair degree of independence in successfully managing and completing assigned workflow and tasks.
· Updates credit files (both physical files and the Bank’s scanned files) with borrower/guarantor
financial information, spreads, and credit correspondence on an ongoing basis.
· Perform additional job duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Strong knowledge of basic banking products, commercial lending products, and ability to match lending solutions with the borrowers.
· Knowledge of Commercial Real Estate Lending, Commercial & Industrial (“C&I”) Lending, and Small Business Lending, including developing cash flow analyses, loan repayment structuring, financial ratio analysis, and identifying financial trends within the credit analysis function.
· Experience in analyzing the following: personal and corporate tax returns, rent roll and lease- track analysis, personal and corporate financial statements.
· Learning and training on the Bank’s Core System and other related sub-systems in order to generate reports and analysis regarding existing assigned Commercial Lender loan accounts.
· Well-versed in preparing financial spreads for use in the loan decisioning process.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time EXPERIENCE
· Commercial credit analysis and underwriting: Minimum 5 years previous commercial loan and underwriting experience in a commercial bank. (required)
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and talk or hear and remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee must have the ability to verbally effectively communicate with staff, customers and groups. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee must have the ability to stay alert and attentive at all times and operate a computer, phone and essential equipment as required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
As a condition of employment with Bank, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which will also include a credit check.
Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer