Responsible for reviewing and verifying loan documents including income, credit, appraisal, title insurance, etc., and ensuring the information is complete, accurate and complies with Bank policies, SBA Guidelines as well as meets underwriters' requirements. Responsible for entering information into loan operating system (LOS), following up and communicating with both loan pre-closers and loan officers to obtain missing or updated documentation in order to process the loan file in a timely manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews the credit files and completes all necessary documentation for SBA packaging files.
- Works closely with commercial lender, business development officer, underwriting, attorneys, document preparation, third-party vendors (i.e., real estate brokers, title companies, insurance agency, etc.) and customers to prepare loan package closing.
- Responsible for timely communication with borrower, commercial lender, and pre-closer regarding missing items needed to complete loan closing.
- Maintain control over loans(s) in process to detect any potential and/or developing problems and ensure all department managers are informed of any issues.
- Orders and reviews UCC/Federal/State/County preliminary lien searches, title commitments, flood search, appraisal, environmental reports, and requests the essential loan documentation as indicated by the credit underwriter and/or Wallis Bank procedures to ensure completeness of loan files.
- Review articles and by-laws/operating agreements, where applicable of partnership, corporation and limited liability company (LLC).
- Review closing documents upon receipt from bank attorney to ensure conformance with the approved loan terms and conditions.
- Ensure prompt payment of Guaranty fee in the SBA/USDA required time frame.
- Reconcile equity injection and make final verification determination.
- Review of AIA contracts, permits, builders’ risk and other construction documents.
- Review scanned loan documents on closed loan file assigned to you by VP/Closing Department Manager before it is given for final Quality Control (QC) review.
- Updates L Drive to reflect pre-post-closing review is complete. Add comments to reflect steps taken for completion. (i.e., all follow up, requests documentation, status, etc.)
- Follow internal audit procedures to ensure files are properly documented and scanned into electronic scanning system.
- Works with the Loan Funding Specialist to ensure smooth transition on construction and multi-disbursement projects.
- Clear any outstanding items, exceptions and liens, prior to or at, closing time.
- Completes annual required compliance training.
- Participate in at least one CRA related event.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.