This position is responsible for analyzing, risk-assessing credit application and preparing loan
presentation packages for commercial, SBA and USDA loans. Additionally, this position is
responsible for ensuring compliance with the Bank’s credit risk management strategy, the Bank’s
credit policy, with SBA’s SOP and USDA’s Guarantee Loan Making policy by performing the
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
o Consults with Loan Officer and prospects / client to validate new / renewal loan request.
o Organizes documentation for credit analysis and approval.
o Pre-Qualifies the credit request (preliminary) or escalate to Supervisor.
o Depending on the complexity of the credit package no less than one completed package
a week must be submitted to the appropriate approving authority as defined by loan policy.
o Originates quality credit packages with appropriate commentary, financial analysis, and
recommendations while ensuring compliance to regulations, policies and internal
• Loan to Value Requirements
• Interest rate / Fees
• Grammatically correct with appropriate use of punctuation
• Written with concrete and specific language
• Ideas are expressed clearly and concisely and introduced with the appropriate
• Evaluates credit worthiness by analyzing:
o Financial Statements and Tax Returns
o Identifies discrepancies and inconsistencies and effectively explains
• Industry trends documented and tied back to the proposed request
• Peer Group Comparison with discussion on any discrepancies
• Feasibility / Competition
• Identifies central or underlying issues / risks with the proposed credit
• History of the Business is reviewed
• Management quality and experience in credit memo (CAIVRS, SAM,
• Guarantor Support (PFS, CB, PCF, TR)
• Global Cash Flow; Affiliate Supports or Weakens project
• Post Approval Work:
o Ensures accurate (compliant) completion of:
o Commitment Letter
o Formal SBA Loan Application
o Prepares SBA Authorization (SBA Wizard)
o Pulls PLP or ETRAN score (as appropriate)
• Administrative Duties:
o Updates various work logs
o Attends Meetings as required
o Follows up / tasks after meetings
o Assists "Closers" in gathering necessary documents required for closing but not required
o Accurate Scanning / Filing
o Compliance with Shared Drive filing and naming conventions
• Ongoing Education & Training:
o Assists loan underwriting supervisors with new hires by acting as a "mentor"
o May assist in the interview process
o May be asked to assist with the ongoing maintenance of bank’s boilerplate templates
o Attends training sessions as appropriate.
o Completes all bank required training
• General Duties:
o Maintains current knowledge of risk-related changes that may impact assigned area(s)
o Demonstrate compliance with all Bank regulations that apply to your position and keep up
to date on regulation changes.
o Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Community Involvement:
o Participate in at least one CRA related event.
o Participate in one or more approved functions as determined by bank management.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree (AA) from four-year college or university and two to five years related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Computer skills required: High level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Knowledge of lending operations and closing procedures.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts to apply math concepts.
• Willingness to learn new tasks and approaches for accomplishing assignments.
• Adaptability • Judgement
• Analytical • Motivation
• Attendance/Punctuality • Oral & Written Communication
• Business Acumen • Planning/Organizing
• Change Management • Problem Solving
• Customer Service • Professionalism
• Delegation • Project Management
• Dependability • Quality/Quantity Management
• Design • Strategic Thinking
• Diversity • Teamwork
• Ethics • Safety & Security Awareness
• Initiative • Technical Skills
• Interpersonal Skills • Written Communication
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Regularly required to walk, sit, utilize hand and finger dexterity.
• Regularly required to talk or hear.
• Occasionally required to stand, climb, balance, bend, stoop, or kneel.
• While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually
• The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision; Distance vision; Color
vision; Ability to adjust focus.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to
be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job
description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.