The Social Worker is responsible for facilitating care along a continuum through effective resource coordination to help patients achieve optimal health, access to care, and appropriate utilization of resources, balanced with the patient’s resources and right to self-determination. The individual in this position is responsible for assessing the patient for transition needs, including identifying and assessing patients at risk for readmission. Conducts complex psycho-social assessment and intervention to promote timely throughput, safe discharge, and prevent avoidable readmissions.
This position integrates national standards for case management scope of services, including:
- Transition Management promoting appropriate length of stay, readmission prevention, and patient satisfaction
- Care Coordination by demonstrating throughput efficiency while assuring care is in the right sequence and at the hospital system's appropriate level of care
- Compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements, TJC accreditation standards, and policy
- Education provided to physicians, patients, families, and caregivers
- Leads a population of patients by service line and/or leads the team by being a resource to the hospital system performance standards.
- Coordination of complex discharge planning.
- Educates and mentors new social work staff.
- Acts as a resource to all staff members regarding policies and procedures and community resources.
- Works under the direction of the Director of Case Management and the entire team to trend barriers to care and resolve at least one barrier to care
Education Required: Master of Social Work
Experience Required: 2 years of acute hospital experience
Certifications Required: LCSW or LMSW. Must be currently licensed, certified, or registered to practice a profession as required by law or regulation in the state of practice or policy. An active license for state(s) covered.
Preferred: Accredited Case Manager (ACM)
- Lift/position up to 25 lbs. Push/pull up to 25 lbs. of force.
- Frequent sitting. Moderate standing, walking, reaching, stooping, and bending
- Manual dexterity, mobility, touch, and auditory to perform all the related duties of the position
- Pay Range: $38.94 - $60.36 Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors, including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications and experience.
- Full-time - Days
- Benefits - Full
- Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for the ideal candidate
- Commission Compensation - No
- Bonus Eligible - No
- Overtime Eligible - No
- Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
The hospital system complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain approval of a religious or medical exemption before your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.