With a passion for excellence since 1973, M&M Excavating is a family owned and operated heavy-highway contractor headquartered in beautiful Gaylord, MI. Primary areas of expertise include highway, road building, and underground utilities. With a relentless commitment to quality and safety, M&M Excavating takes pride in the legacy left on each project.
The Mechanic Position
M&M Excavating is planning for future retirements and therefore needs to add an Experienced Mechanic to its yard team. This position requires knowledge of diesel, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems, and components for Heavy Civil Construction Equipment. Excavators, loaders, bulldozers, graders, semi-trucks, and pickups are all in a day’s work!
Responsibilities include completing assigned work safely and efficiently. Duties range from removing/installing components on heavy machinery to diagnosing and troubleshooting potential problems to testing and verifying correct operation of equipment.
A valid CDL and favorable driving record is required for this position.
Perks of the Mechanic Position include:
- Being part of a stable, safe, and well-recognized Construction Company
- Full-time, permanent, and year-round work
- Consistent hours on a weekly basis, with overtime paid after 40 hours
- Work primarily in one location, with very-limited travel to job sites as needed
- Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance and 401(k) with an employer-match
Recruitment Process for the Mechanic Position
The recruitment process helps ensure that the best decision is made by both the Company and the candidate. Given this, multiple steps are required, including a phone interview, in-person interviews, and a pre-employment background check and drug test.
M&M Excavating is an Equal Opportunity Employer!