Great Lakes Bay Health Centers (GLBHC) is a community health center umbrella made up of 32 locations throughout the Great Lakes Bay region and beyond. Most locations are set up to serve medically underserved populations, but our doors are open to anyone regardless of insurance or lack of insurance. The services provided are sensitive to the community's needs, are not based on ability to pay, and are offered without regard to criteria such as race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Our federally qualified community health centers around Michigan offer a wide range of comprehensive, high-quality care to thousands of patients. Simply put, we change peoples’ lives!
The OB/GYN Physician Position:
The OB/GYN Physician is directly responsible for performing and recording patient health history, patient examination and diagnosis, recommendation of medical treatment, rendering of on-site treatment and hospitalization services as necessary. The physician handles appropriate documentation in the patient chart, participates in a team-based approach to care in the Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH), and participates in activities related to Quality Improvement.
Expectations include, but are not limited to:
· Managing patient medical care including diagnosis, treatment, and follow up
· Maintaining appropriate documentation on patient clinical records
· Participating in GLBHC Quality Assurance activities as assigned
· Assisting in the establishment of appropriate fee schedule, expense budgets, and program plans
· Directing medical support staff
Preferred Experience, Skills & Abilities of the OB/GYN Physician Position:
- MD or DO from an accredited Medical School, which will be verified prior to employment
- Licensed by the State Board of Medicine or State Board of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery in Michigan
- Possess a valid DEA license
- Board Eligible
- Board Certified preferred
Compensation, Benefits & Structure of the OG/GYN Physician Position:
This position includes a competitive salary structure, based on skills and experience, and a comprehensive benefit and retirement package. The position is based in the Bay City, MI office.
The Recruitment Process for the OB/GYN Physician Position:
The recruitment process will include two preliminary phone screens, two web-based (or in-person) interviews, a candidate personality assessment, and a pre-employment background check and drug test. The process, which is being facilitated through EctoHR, Inc. is designed to ensure that candidates are aligned with GLBHC’s mission, passion, and guiding principles.
Great Lakes Bay Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer! Our goal is to attract an inclusive team of employees, including but not limited to people of color, women, people with disabilities, military veterans, and members of the LGBTQ+ community.