This role brought to you by the letters A, I, and The Joanne Weaver Group.
Onsite in NYC (Flatiron) - relocation assistance offered
About the company:
AI might be the hot new darling, but our AI startup client has been mastering the space for 4+ years, and they’re already designing and building tools that other companies are just starting to think of.
They’re a growing, $32M-funded autonomous AI startup (Series A), a largely greenfield and super future-facing space. Led by a kind, empathic co-founder with a recent successful exit under his belt, they’re a close-knit, friendly and passionate group of scientists and builders exploring the boundaries of how artificial intelligence can benefit humanity.
They’ve been growing quickly but sustainably, and are actively hiring across the board in a down market - always a good sign! They’re attracting top talent from well-known companies like Google, Amazon, Palantir, Snap, Flatiron Health, and Microsoft.
Their products have helped some of the world’s largest consumer-goods and manufacturing companies transform their sales and supply chains into autonomous, self-learning systems — and, they’re also playing in the sustainability and renewable energy space, to move our world towards less dependence on fossil fuels. A dreamy future, non?
They’re seeking a fulltime Software Engineer to work with a team of engineers and scientists with diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise. They’re looking for someone who has worked on ML products before, either at a company where ML was the core product, or where it had a major impact on revenue.
You’ll have the opportunity to spearhead the development of robust and efficient systems to power the company’s active learning platform. You’ll also work cross-functionally with Product Designers, ML Scientists, and external stakeholders. This is a great time to hone your skills in translating user requirements into well-designed solutions crucial to shaping the future of AI-powered applications.
You’ll be responsible for…
- Spearheading the development of machine learning software by driving innovation in ML Modeling, Telemetry-Impact & Algorithmic Health, and AI interfaces
- Architecting, building, and scaling sophisticated systems that power the active learning platform to push the boundaries of what AI can achieve
- Working closely with Product Designers, ML Scientists, and other stakeholders to deliver user-facing products
- A demonstrated a deep interest and enthusiasm for AI and ML, and you stay up-to-date with the latest advancements and trends
- A proven ability to write clean and efficient code that adheres to best practices
- A strong foundation in data structures, algorithm design, and problem-solving, enabling you to tackle complex challenges with ease
- A track record of successfully architecting, building, and scaling complex systems, preferably in the realm of AI or machine learning
- A strong user-centric approach and the ability to translate user requirements into practical design solutions
- Familiarity with continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) practices to ensure efficient development and deployment workflows
- Proficiency in Python and AWS, and the ability to work in a variety of stacks
- Experience working on ML products at a company where ML was the core product or had a major impact on revenue
Salary: $135-200K + equity depending on experience
Apply below, or send your resume, URL/book, and salary range to: team (at) joanneweavergroup (dot) com
*** REFERRAL BONUS ELIGIBILITY *** If this isn't for you, but recommend someone to us who could be a fantastic fit, you can earn a referral bonus of up to $1,000 if we place them long term. Recommendations are very welcome!