Human Resources Manager
Founded in 1884, Christian Care Communities is Kentucky’s largest faith-inspired, not-for-profit provider of affordable senior retirement living and long-term care for Older Adults.
Village Manor is Bowling Green’s distinguished and award-winning senior living community offering a full continuum of care – independent living, assisted living, memory care, and skilled nursing care at our Christian Health Center.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the overall direction of human resources services and advisor to facilities of the organization on such matters including but not limited to, training, recruitment and employment activities, employee relations, and classification/compensation efforts while maintaining compliance with all applicable laws, regulatory and organizational standards.
1. Assists Administrator / department heads directly with human resources matters and employee communications and notifications
2. Assists in the recruiting and hiring process by utilizing the Applicant Tracking System (iCIMS), coordinating job postings, reviewing resumes and applications, performing telephone interviews and reference checks
3. Conducts background checks and other post offer screenings on job applicants
4. Coordinates new hire orientation working with hiring managers to onboard newly hired employees
5. Initiates requests for enrollment in various systems associated with the new hire’s position through VCPI and deactivates the same at separation
6. Enters new hire information into Relias (online training system).
7. Coordinates Performance Appraisal process by distributing forms to Supervisors/Managers and following up to assure completion on a timely basis
8. Verifies I-9 documentation
9. Coordinates Drug Free Workplace policies
10. Processes and administers all claims related to workers' compensation and unemployment
11. Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs [WE CARE]
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university
Required Experience: 5 years’ professional human resources experience; 2 years’ experience in training and development
Preferred Experience: Nonprofit; senior living or long term care sector
Business travel is a requirement of position; proof of valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
If personal vehicle is used to transport self or others; proof of insurance of $100,000 single limit of liability
• Competitive Pay
• Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Comprehensive Wellness Program with Incentives
• Paid Group Term Life Insurance
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short-Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401(k) and 403(b)
• Education Assistance
• Free Parking
• And much more
Christian Care Communities, Inc. is strongly committed to the principle of diversity and providing an equal employment opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age (40 and over), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.