Be sure to follow our LinkedIn company page for the latest updates on all our open jobs!
Vale Group has partnered with a company in the HVAC industry, based in Harrisonburg and Winchester, Virginia, who is actively searching for an experienced Service HVAC Technician to work onsite for an opportunity paying $23 - $34.00 per hour, based on experience. VERY GENEROUS sign on bonus of up to $10,000. Flexibility on pay for those with extensive experience, and a Master's license in commercial HVAC. Demonstrating sound leadership behaviors and responsibility, the Service HVAC Technician will support and adhere to Company safety requirements and quality standards in carrying out the business objectives. In addition, this role is responsible for developing and training Service HVAC Apprentices and must therefore be competent and confident in directing others to ensure accountability.
Benefits of the Service HVAC Technician include: Excellent career growth opportunity as well as highly competitive benefits.
Requirements of the Service HVAC Technician:
- 2 - 5 years of commercial HVAC experience
- High school or trade school graduate or GED
- Universal Refrigerant Card and Gas Fitters Card (Type I and Universal)
- Understanding of single and three-phase electrical systems
- Must have the ability to travel to job sites
- Valid driver's license and ability to meet insurer's driver qualification policy
Responsibilities of the Service HVAC Technician:
- Equipped with the necessary service literature and resources, the Service HVAC Technician has the technical expertise to service, perform maintenance, and repair most: Air-cooled water chillers equipped with reciprocating, scroll, or screw compressors
- Water-cooled DX water chillers equipped with reciprocating, scroll, or screw compressors
- Electronic controls incorporated with most packaged water chillers
- Chilled and hot water piping and pumping systems equipped with variable speed drives
- Most gas-fired and electric hot water heating systems typically found in commercial systems
- Electronic and computer-controlled digital temperature control systems typically found in commercial systems
- Electronic variable-speed drives typically connected to VAV air handlers and pumps
- Packaged, water-cooled AC units up to 100 tons
- Water source heat pumps and associated equipment
- Computer room-type units with self-contained humidifiers and controls
- Gas-fired and electric heating systems found in commercial equipment up to 100 tons
- Pneumatic, electronic, and modular DDC control systems generally associated with commercial HVAC systems
- Air-handling equipment including VAV systems typically found in larger commercial systems
- Basic maintenance on atmospheric gas-fired hot water boilers
- Perform general maintenance on chilled and hot water piping and pumping systems and associated equipment
- Direct expansion AC equipment up to 5 tons
- Most gas-fired and electric heating systems typically found in systems up to 5 tons
- Low-voltage (24 volt or 1-10 volt) temperature control systems generally associated with HVAC equipment
- Air handling equipment and duct systems associated with commercial HVAC equipment
If this sounds like you or someone you know, click Apply or share the job today!