Be sure to follow our LinkedIn company page for the latest updates on all our open jobs!
Vale Group has partnered with an established company in the commercial HVAC/Plumbing industry based in the Shenandoah Valley area who is actively seeking an experienced HVAC/Plumbing Sheet Metal Mechanic & Fabricator for an ON-SITE opportunity paying $21.00 - $34.00 per hour based on experience.
Benefits of the Sheet Metal Mechanic opportunity include medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, PTO, and overtime pay.
Sheet Metal Mechanic Requirements:
- 3+ years of relevant experience in the fabrication & installation of commercial HVAC & plumbing systems
- Trade School completion/certification preferred
- Proficiency in the safe use of welding, riveting, and soldering equipment
- Willingness to travel to worksites as needed to assist with installation
- Valid Driver License & clean background check/drug test
Sheet Metal Mechanic responsibilities:
- Measure, cut, and shape sheet metal to create ductwork for HVAC systems.
- Assemble and join metal pieces using various methods, such as welding, riveting, and soldering.
- Ensure that ductwork is fabricated to meet design specifications and industry standards.
- Collaborate with technicians to install HVAC components, including air handling units, fans, dampers, and vents.
- Assemble and connect ductwork to distribute conditioned air throughout buildings.
- Position and secure HVAC equipment, ensuring proper alignment and functionality.
- Fabricate and install metal supports, brackets, and hangers to secure plumbing components.
- Ensure that plumbing systems are leak-free and comply with plumbing codes.
- Adhere to safety protocols and guidelines to ensure a safe working environment.
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Comply with all safety regulations and procedures.
- Interpret and work from construction blueprints, technical drawings, and specifications.
- Ensure that installations align with the provided plans.
- Maintain accurate records of work performed, including material usage, labor hours, and equipment used.
- Complete required paperwork and reports.
- Properly use and maintain hand and power tools, as well as specialized equipment used in sheet metal fabrication and installation.
If this sounds like you or someone you know, click Apply or share the job today!