Welcome to I.C. Thomasson, an engineering consulting firm that serves to create a designed world that is smarter, healthier, and more sustainable!
Recently named one of Nashville Business Journal’s, Best Places to Work, ICT truly encompasses the “teamwork makes the dream work” mentality, which is prevalent in all that we do internally for our employees, but also externally as we work with our clients.
If you’re a lifelong learner who enjoys a collaborate environment, ICT may be a good next step for you in your career!
- Experience assisting in the design of steam systems, hydronic systems, gas compression and distribution systems, building mechanical systems, and general process or industrial facility projects.
- Experience assisting in the development of Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) and Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID).
- Capable of increasing technical competency when seeking and executing work in new and evolving market sectors.
- Receives project assignments from Project Managers and Team Leader and accepts direction and supervision, and follows and accepts work rules and procedures.
- Participates in preparing proposals and presentations to clients.
- Assists in the preparation or modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, studies, permits and designs for project.
- Calculates costs and time schedules for proposed work.
- May assign duties and schedules, answer questions and gives daily guidance to other team members, i.e., Designers and CAD Technicians.
- Visits construction site to monitor progress and other duties per contract documents.
- Checks all technical work for accuracy.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of an experienced team.
- Recognizes problems quickly and seeks advice from Team Leader or Senior Engineer.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from ABET accredited school.
- P.E. in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience and detailed understanding of ACAD Plant 3D and Revit a plus.
- 5-10 years of design/engineering experience in steam, chilled water, compressed gasses and general understanding of basic industrial processes.
- Competitive salary is offered based on experience and qualifications.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, and long-term Care Insurance.
- 401k Retirement plan.
- Opportunities for continued learning.
- Opportunity to contribute to high visibility and high impact projects.
Why Work for ICT?
I.C. Thomasson is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm that is:
-Recognized as one of the Fast 50, for revenue growth over the last 3 years (Nashville Business Journal, 2023)
-Ranked #18 of the top 70 Hotel Sector Engineering + EA Firms (BD+C, 2022)
-Ranked #20 of the top 90 Healthcare Sector Engineering + EA Firms (BD+C, 2022)
- Ranked #20 of the top 50 Miliary Facility Engineering + EA Firms (BD+C, 2022)
I.C. Thomasson has been around for 81 years and is continuing to grow. Join us and leave your mark on the history of not only the city of Nashville, but countless other cities and states around the world!
If you’re interested in being part of something bigger, a dynamic team that provides hands-on learning opportunities, and a culture-focused environment, please apply now!
I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. will not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party agencies including recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms, or employment agencies. An executed services agreement is required prior to any financial obligation for either a referral or recruiter fee. In the event a third party submits a candidate or resume without a previously executed agreement, I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to I.C. Thomasson’s hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. upon receipt.