Welcome to I.C. Thomasson, an engineering consulting firm that serves to create a designed world that is smarter, healthier, and more sustainable!
Recently named one of Nashville Business Journal’s, Best Places to Work, ICT truly encompasses the “teamwork makes the dream work” mentality, which is prevalent in all that we do internally for our employees, but also externally as we work with our clients.
If you’re a lifelong learner who enjoys a collaborative environment, ICT may be a good next step for you in your career!
The ideal candidate to fill this position is an Electrical Engineer that is competent and confident in his/her abilities. Project Manager of multiple projects, working with an internal MEP/FP team to deliver projects that meet the objectives of the architect/owner. Business Development acumen. Understanding business development is a plus and opens many avenues for advancement. These activities may include developing an action plan to solicit and secure new work, implementation of goals, objectives, and priorities for the Nashville office, identifying prospective markets and clients, etc.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering principles in the field of building construction.
- Capable of increasing technical competency with experience and work ethic.
- Ability to effectively communicate with architects, owners and contractors.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a strong team.
- Excellent organization and time management skills .
- ICT encourages the growth of all our engineers to take a more responsible and leadership role based on experience.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years of work experience with complex building electrical systems in the commercial and institutional sector.
- Registered Professional Engineer, with Tennessee P.E. license, or ability to obtain a Tennessee P.E. license.
- Experience with Revit
- Excellent written and oral communication skills essential for team-based projects.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills required for simultaneous project schedules.
- Highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
- Willing to travel.
- Experience in Design/Build project delivery a plus.
- A competitive salary is offered based on experience and qualifications
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Short-Term, and Long-Term Care Insurance
- Other health benefits including HSA compatible medical coverage with employer contributions, telemedicine, and more
- 401k Retirement plan with employer match
- Paid time off for vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Opportunities for continued learning
- Opportunity to contribute and lead high visibility and high impact projects
Why Work for ICT?
I.C. Thomasson is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm that is:
-Recognized as one of the Fast 50, for revenue growth over the last 3 years (Nashville Business Journal, 2023)
-Ranked #18 of the top 70 Hotel Sector Engineering + EA Firms (BD+C, 2022)
-Ranked #20 of the top 90 Healthcare Sector Engineering + EA Firms (BD+C, 2022)
- Ranked #20 of the top 50 Miliary Facility Engineering + EA Firms (BD+C, 2022)
I.C. Thomasson has been around for 81 years and is continuing to grow. Join us and leave your mark on the history of not only the city of Nashville, but countless other cities and states around the world!
If you’re interested in being part of something bigger, a dynamic team that provides hands-on learning opportunities, and a culture-focused environment, please apply now!
I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. will not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party agencies including recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms, or employment agencies. An executed services agreement is required prior to any financial obligation for either a referral or recruiter fee. In the event a third party submits a candidate or resume without a previously executed agreement, I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to I.C. Thomasson’s hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. upon receipt