Welcome to I.C. Thomasson, an engineering consulting firm that serves to create a designed world that is smarter, healthier, and more sustainable!
Recently named one of Nashville Business Journal’s, Best Places to Work, ICT truly encompasses the “teamwork makes the dream work” mentality, which is prevalent in all that we do internally for our employees, but also externally as we work with our clients.
If you’re a lifelong learner who enjoys a collaborative environment, ICT may be a good next step for you in your career!
I.C. Thomasson is looking for an experienced and highly driven Director of Business Development to join our team! This individual reports to the President and Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for assisting the organization towards its primary objectives, through management of the company’s business development, marketing, and expansion strategies.
- Work with C-Suite/President to determine current and long-range marketing, business development, and expansion plans as well as establish metrics for obtaining short and long-term goals as deemed necessary.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of company offerings to identify profitable business opportunities
- Work with divisional/market sector leadership to develop plans to achieve short- and long-term company strategies as defined by C-Suite/President.
- Assist in identifying and vetting strategic hires related to marketing, business development and/or expansion needs.
- Work with company groups responsible for training to develop a business development curriculum.
- Quarterly reviews with each divisional/market sector business development plan with the appropriate divisional/market sector leadership.
- Establish and oversee a business development program with the object of adding value to the company through:
- Leading the acquisition of past project information from internal stake holders
- Keep a repository of past project information.
- Single point repository for information on leads/tracking/opportunities
- Standardizing company proposals, terms and conditions, fee letters, brochures, website, social media and other ancillary company external communications
- Repository/standardization of marketing material
- Manage the company’s marketing/business development budget to maximize synergy with overall company strategies.
- Manage attendance and sponsorship at industry conferences/entertainment events.
- Work with C-Suite/President to establish a company market/business development budget and manage associated funds.
- Work with divisional/market sector leaders and C-Suite/President to determine and manage involvement and sponsorship of industry events including conferences, golf tournaments, networking events, membership groups, charity events, etc.
- Regular review of project tracking/opportunities with respect to win/lost/hold/close status
- Act as the direct supervisor for other marketing and business development staff consisting of active management and annual reviews.
- Other duties as needed
Why Work for ICT?
I.C. Thomasson is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm that is:
-Recognized as one of the Fast 50, for revenue growth over the last 3 years (Nashville Business Journal, 2023)
-Ranked #18 of the top 70 Hotel Sector Engineering + EA Firms (BD+C, 2022)
-Ranked #20 of the top 90 Healthcare Sector Engineering + EA Firms (BD+C, 2022)
- Ranked #20 of the top 50 Miliary Facility Engineering + EA Firms (BD+C, 2022)
I.C. Thomasson has been around for 81 years and is continuing to grow. Join us and leave your mark on the history of not only the city of Nashville, but countless other cities and states around the world!
If you’re interested in being part of something bigger, a dynamic team that provides hands-on learning opportunities, and a culture-focused environment, please apply now!
I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. will not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party agencies including recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms, or employment agencies. An executed services agreement is required prior to any financial obligation for either a referral or recruiter fee. In the event a third party submits a candidate or resume without a previously executed agreement, I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to I.C. Thomasson’s hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. upon receipt.