Welcome to I.C. Thomasson, an engineering consulting firm that serves to create a designed world that is smarter, healthier, and more sustainable!
Recently named one of Nashville Business Journal’s, Best Places to Work, ICT truly encompasses the “teamwork makes the dream work” mentality, which is prevalent in all that we do internally for our employees, but also externally as we work with our clients.
If you’re a lifelong learner who enjoys a collaborative environment, ICT may be a good next step for you in your career!
This position requires that the person be able to perform certain tasks related to plumbing design as well as performing drafting/CAD Technician duties.
- Formal knowledge of all codes and standards associated with plumbing design and engineering
- Capability of specifying any equipment, appliances, materials, etc. for plumbing systems
- Assist Mechanical Engineer of Record in compiling drawing and design as required for plumbing portions of the scope
- Competent and fast draftsperson utilizing REVIT and other Autodesk softwares
- Follows established I.C.Thomasson design procedures
- Accepts direction and supervision and works well with others.
- Assists in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Assists in the preparation or modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, studies, permits and designs for assigned projects.
- Minimum of 8 years total experience with consulting engineering firm in plumbing design and drafting.
- Experience and detailed understanding of ACAD/REVIT designing platforms a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills essential for team-based projects.
- Experience delegating design tasks to junior designers and/or engineering interns for plumbing related activities
- Associates degree or bachelors degree in related field, a plus
- CPD certification not required, but preferred
- Competitive salary is offered based on experience and qualifications.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, and long-term Care Insurance.
- 401k Retirement plan.
- Opportunities for continued learning.
- Opportunity to contribute to high visibility and high impact projects.
Why Work for ICT?
I.C. Thomasson is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm that is:
-Recognized as one of the Fast 50, for revenue growth over the last 3 years (Nashville Business Journal, 2023)
-Ranked #18 of the top 70 Hotel Sector Engineering + EA Firms (BD+C, 2022)
-Ranked #20 of the top 90 Healthcare Sector Engineering + EA Firms (BD+C, 2022)
- Ranked #20 of the top 50 Miliary Facility Engineering + EA Firms (BD+C, 2022)
I.C. Thomasson has been around for 81 years and is continuing to grow. Join us and leave your mark on the history of not only the city of San Antonio, but countless other cities and states around the world!
If you’re interested in being part of something bigger, a dynamic team that provides hands-on learning opportunities, and a culture-focused environment, please apply now!
I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. will not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party agencies including recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms, or employment agencies. An executed services agreement is required prior to any financial obligation for either a referral or recruiter fee. In the event a third party submits a candidate or resume without a previously executed agreement, I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to I.C. Thomasson’s hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. upon receipt.