Welcome to I.C. Thomasson, an engineering consulting firm that serves to create a designed world that is smarter, healthier, and more sustainable!
Recently named one of Nashville Business Journal’s, Best Places to Work, ICT truly encompasses the “teamwork makes the dream work” mentality, which is prevalent in all that we do internally for our employees, but also externally as we work with our clients.
If you’re a lifelong learner who enjoys a collaborative environment, ICT may be a good next step for you in your career!
This individual will interact with contractors, owners, engineers, and consultants. They will be responsible for managing design, construction, closeout, and interpretation of drawings for mechanical and electrical infrastructure improvement projects. This role requires the individual to spend significant time at different job sites throughout the southeast.
- Organize and lead various meetings during design and construction phases.
- Act as owner’s representative and prime design representative during construction.
- Becomes thoroughly familiar with the plans and specifications for the job under construction.
- Deals with contractors, interprets designs and specifications as required.
- Deals with clients and resolves problems within the scope of design.
- Points out potential problems to the contractor and project engineer.
- Keeps project engineer and supervisor informed of the progress of project.
- Must be able to read and understand construction plans.
- Must be able to follow and carry out specific instructions on an independent basis.
- Assures that what was designed gets built.
- Coordinates the design team’s efforts including architect and engineer consultants.
- May monitor performance of contractors.
- Technical or Construction-focused degree is preferred. Years of construction project management experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Knowledge of electrical and/or mechanical trades is preferred.
- Previous construction project management experience strongly preferred.
- A competitive compensation is offered based on experience and qualifications
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Short-Term, and Long-Term Care Insurance
- Other health benefits including HSA compatible medical coverage with employer contributions, telemedicine, and more
- 401k Retirement plan with employer match
- Paid time off for vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Opportunities for continued learning
Why Work for ICT?
I.C. Thomasson is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm that is:
-Recognized as one of the Fast 50, for revenue growth over the last 3 years (Nashville Business Journal, 2023)
-Ranked #18 of the top 70 Hotel Sector Engineering + EA Firms (BD+C, 2022)
-Ranked #20 of the top 90 Healthcare Sector Engineering + EA Firms (BD+C, 2022)
- Ranked #20 of the top 50 Miliary Facility Engineering + EA Firms (BD+C, 2022)
I.C. Thomasson has been around for 81 years and is continuing to grow. Join us and leave your mark on the history of not only the city of Nashville, but countless other cities and states around the world!
If you’re interested in being part of something bigger, a dynamic team that provides hands-on learning opportunities, and a culture-focused environment, please apply now!
I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. will not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party agencies including recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms, or employment agencies. An executed services agreement is required prior to any financial obligation for either a referral or recruiter fee. In the event a third party submits a candidate or resume without a previously executed agreement, I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to I.C. Thomasson’s hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. upon receipt.