Sr. Software Test Engineer
NLP Logix is recruiting for a Senior Software Test Engineer to join its growing team of IT and Business professionals. This position is for a full-time employee, will be based out of Jacksonville, FL.
NLP Logix is a Data Science product and services company based in Jacksonville, FL that specializes in AI Solution Development, Machine Learning, and Advanced Analytics for a variety of use cases, industries, and customers across the United States.
The Senior Software Test Engineer will serve a crucial role in the business operations and in delivering high-quality solutions to our customers. The Senior Software Test Engineer will work closely with other members of the NLP Logix team to implement and deliver world-class software solutions.
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise on quality assurance and quality control.
- Supervise quality assurance analyst.
- Coordinating and execute projects, including setting up process flows, identifying and documenting potential issues, generating test strategies, developing, and maintaining testing evidence & regression scripts, and providing valuable feedback to developers.
- Provide Reviewing quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Creating detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured testing evidence.
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning, and coordinating quality testing activities.
- Perform various types of regression testing upon a releasable candidate.
- Analyze product and process specifications and procedures.
- Identify and recommend major improvements to procedural processes.
- Recommend changes or improvements to existing processes, methods, and technologies that improve product quality, safety, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
- Perform exploratory testing with a focus on identifying and documenting defects.
- Assist in developing quality assurance standards and processes.
- Identify, record, document, and track software defects.
- Work with internal teams (e.g., developers and analysts) to identify system requirements.
- Investigate the root causes of candidate defects and document the steps to reproduce.
- Track quality assurance metrics like defect densities, open defect counts and defect trends.
- Understand product lifecycle concepts and participate in the test planning process.
- Provide training to junior engineers.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred in Computer Science, or other relevant field
- Proven work experience in quality assurance, 5+ years preferred
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Hands-on experience with white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of scripting tools
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Ability to balance the scope of demanding projects.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and intellectual curiosity
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong experience with open-source automation tools.
- Strong Experience with version control using git and GitHub
- Basic proficiency with SQL
- Experience with Microsoft Azure a plus
NLP Logix believes “Data Science is a Team Sport.®” and encourages a spirit of cooperation and fosters an environment of professional growth where employees can exercise their leadership ability, creativity, technical competence, with an overall focus in helping NLP Logix fulfill its mission.
NLP Logix is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing a diverse workforce.