Data Analyst IV - Data Science
NLP Logix is recruiting for a Data Analyst IV to join its growing team of IT and business professionals on the Data Science team. This position is for a full-time employee, will be based out of Jacksonville, FL and will require less than 10% travel.
NLP Logix is a Data Science services company based in Jacksonville, FL that specializes in AI Solution Development, Machine Learning, and Advanced Analytics which serves a variety of industries and customers across the United States.
The Data Analyst IV will work closely with other members of the NLP Logix team to implement and deliver world-class software solutions.
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Work with other members of the NLP Logix team to clearly understand business needs and translate those needs into development solutions.
- Develop end-to-end solutions with the help of other team members and implement those solutions as customer deliverables.
- Work directly with customers to effectively communicate the solution progress and timelines and guarantee solution efficacy.
- Be able to monitor solution performance long-term and develop enhancements as needed.
- Serve as a technical team lead on key data science projects.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field and/or 7+ years related experience in an IT discipline.
- Strong understanding of programming concepts and general software development principles
- Advanced understanding of the application and interpretation of statistics
- Advanced understanding of core machine learning concepts (train/test split, fit/predict, supervised/unsupervised, case table, features)
- Advanced understanding of database design principles using RDS and/or NoSql
- Strong (2+ yrs) professional experience with the python programming language
- Strong (2+ yrs) experience with python Data Science packages (pandas, scikit-learn, tensorflow, numpy, scipy, keras)
- Limited (< 1 yrs) experience with additional programming languages (c#, c++, R, java)
- Advanced (4+ yrs) experience with using SQL DML statements
- Strong (2+ yrs) experience with using version control (i.e. git)
- Strong (2+ yrs) experience with using IDEs (i.e. VS Code)
- Strong (2+ yrs) experience with cloud computing environment (i.e. AWS, GCP and Azure)
- Expert (5+ yrs) experience with data visualization tools (Tableau or PBI)
- Expert (5+ yrs) experience using data to tell a story or explain an idea
NLP Logix believes “Data Science is a Team Sport.®” and encourages a spirit of cooperation and fosters an environment of professional growth where employees can exercise their leadership ability, creativity, technical competence, with an overall focus in helping NLP Logix fulfill its mission.
NLP Logix is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing a diverse workforce.