Onsite / Jacksonville, FL
NLP Logix is recruiting for a SQL Developer to join its growing team of IT and business professionals. This position is for a full-time employee, will be based out of Jacksonville, FL and will require less than 10% travel.
NLP Logix is a Data Science product and services company based in Jacksonville, FL that specializes in AI Solution Development, Machine Learning, and Advanced Analytics for a variety of use cases, industries, and customers across the United States.
NLP Logix strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience through cutting edge technology offerings, creative custom problem solving, and rapid delivery of our modeling assets to meet our customers’ needs.
NLP Logix will cross train and upskill the resource on modern lakehouse architectures. Candidates will be expected to want to broaden their skills and expand into this area. No prior experience in this area is required, just the strong desire to learn and grow.
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Work with other members of the NLP Logix team to clearly understand business needs and translate those needs into development solutions.
- Design, develop, and maintain robust data pipelines to ingest, transform, and deliver data from various sources into our modern lakehouse architecture using Azure Synapse and Spark.
- Work directly with customers and internal team members to implement bronze/silver/gold data modeling methodologies to ensure data quality, consistency, and reliability across the organization's data assets.
- Demonstrate expertise in data engineering tools, such as Azure Synapse, Spark, and Databricks.
- Create and maintain documentation for data pipelines, data models, and architectural designs.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field and/or 7+ years related experience in a data focused discipline.
- Strong understanding of programming concepts and general software development principles
- Proven experience in data engineering, including ETL processes, data integration, and data warehousing.
- Advanced understanding of database design principles using SQL Server, AWS RDS and/or NoSql
- Advanced (5+ yrs) experience with using SQL DML statements
- Strong (2+ yrs) experience with using version control (i.e. git)
- Strong (2+ yrs) experience with using IDEs (i.e. VS Code)
- Strong (2+ yrs) experience with cloud computing environment (i.e. AWS, GCP and Azure)
- Limited (< 1 yrs) experience with additional programming languages (C#,C++, R, java)
NLP Logix believes “Data Science is a Team Sport.®” and encourages a spirit of cooperation and fosters an environment of professional growth where employees can exercise their leadership ability, creativity, technical competence, with an overall focus in helping NLP Logix fulfill its mission.
NLP Logix is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing a diverse workforce.