Sr. Data Engineer
NLP Logix is recruiting for a Data Engineer to join its growing team of IT and business professionals on the Data Science team. This position is for a full-time employee, will be based out of Jacksonville, FL and will require less than 10% travel.
NLP Logix is a Data Science services company based in Jacksonville, FL that specializes in AI Solution Development, Machine Learning, and Advanced Analytics which serves a variety of industries and customers across the United States.
The Data Engineer will work closely with other members of the NLP Logix team to implement and deliver world-class software solutions.
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Work with other members of the NLP Logix team to clearly understand business needs and translate those needs into development solutions.
- Design, develop, and maintain robust data pipelines to ingest, transform, and deliver data from various sources into our modern lakehouse architecture using Azure Synapse and Spark.
- Work directly with customers and internal team members to implement bronze/silver/gold data modeling methodologies to ensure data quality, consistency, and reliability across the organization's data assets.
- Demonstrate expertise in data engineering tools, such as Azure Synapse, Spark, and Databricks.
- Create and maintain documentation for data pipelines, data models, and architectural designs.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field and/or 7+ years related experience in a data focused discipline.
- Strong understanding of programming concepts and general software development principles
- Proven experience in data engineering, including ETL processes, data integration, and data warehousing.
- Advanced understanding of database design principles using SQL Server, AWS RDS and/or NoSql
- Advanced (5+ yrs) experience with using SQL DML statements
- Strong (2+ yrs) professional experience with the python programming language
- Limited (< 1 yrs) experience with additional programming languages (C#,C++, R, java)
- Strong (2+ yrs) experience with using version control (i.e. git)
- Strong (2+ yrs) experience with using IDEs (i.e. VS Code)
- Strong (2+ yrs) experience with cloud computing environment (i.e. AWS, GCP and Azure)
NLP Logix believes “Data Science is a Team Sport.®” and encourages a spirit of cooperation and fosters an environment of professional growth where employees can exercise their leadership ability, creativity, technical competence, with an overall focus in helping NLP Logix fulfill its mission.
NLP Logix is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing a diverse workforce.