Reporting to: Project Superintendent
Location: 152 Conant Street, Beverly, MA (not a remote position)
Shift: Full Time M-F, 7am to 4pm
The Commercial Carpenter/Laborer will assist skilled trades personnel on construction projects by cleaning and preparing construction sites, performing basic carpentry under supervision of a Job Foreman or Superintendent, and performing various commercial and industrial skilled construction tasks.
About Connolly Brothers, Inc.
Connolly Brothers is a construction services firm serving private commercial, industrial, and institutional clients. A five-generation family business established in 1880, Connolly is based in Beverly, Mass. and operates throughout the New England region. For more than a century, clients have turned to Connolly to handle all aspects of their construction projects, from planning and design to real estate development.
Connolly has approximately 30 employees and manages $30MM to $50MM in projects annually. The real estate division owns and operates a mixture of single and multi tenant commercial buildings and is actively seeking new development opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Load, unload and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to the direction of the project superintendent
- Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps and other temporary structures
- Measure, mark and record openings and distances
- Grind, chip, scrape, sand and polish various surfaces
- Build, position and dismantle forms for pouring concrete
- Various rough carpentry tasks
- Assist in maintaining a clean and orderly job site
- Assist in snow removal operations on jobsites and at various industrial buildings including shoveling and operating a snow-blower
- Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of one year of related experience or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with many variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb, balance, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. The successful candidate will need follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Connolly Brothers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. Connolly Brothers and the Source and Recruit Company do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only. Agency recruiters, please don't contact Connolly Brothers management.