Do you possess knowledge about general building/ home repairs and are passionate about ensuring a safe environment?
We are currently in search of a Building Maintenance Technician for the District Alliance for Safe Housing (DASH). The position is full-time, in-person based in Washington, DC. This is a Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION: District Alliance for Safe Housing (DASH)
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Building Maintenance Technician
DURATION: Full Time
HOURLY RATE: $25.00
Is This Your Dream Job? The Building Maintenance Technician will support the general upkeep of the Safe Shelter building and its infrastructure – maintaining the physical building, operations, and ensuring the facilities are always safe and functional.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 2+ years experience in building/home maintenance and/or construction
· Knowledge of general handymen services
· Initiative-taker and able to juggle multiple priorities
· Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings, and holidays if needed
· COVID-19 vaccination required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Perform preventive maintenance and general plumbing, electrical, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) repairs to the facilities' equipment and systems
· Inspect equipment and systems to identify problems or issues
· Consult blueprints or building plans to identify the best solution to resolve systems or equipment issues
· Facilitate services by outside contractors when repairs require specialized training
· Install appliances and equipment
· Check functionality of safety systems (e.g., fire alarm)
· Conduct minimal landscaping as needed
· Assist with turn-over of units (painting, cleaning, replacing bulbs, replacing broken fixtures and hardware, etc.) and hang drywall as needed
· Perform general cleaning tasks in the facility, including snow removal on sidewalks and the entry path to the front door
· Maintain the inventory of cleaning and maintenance supplies
· Support the Property Manager, Lead Building Maintenance Technician, Operations team, and third-party contractors on special renovation and capital projects
· Liaise with program teams when needed on maintenance matters
· Report and triage items in need of critical repair and communicate recommendations to property manager
· Ensure proper documentation and maintenance of service tickets
· Adhere to DASH policies, procedures, and confidentiality provisions always
· Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please apply using the link below.
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.