What You’ll Do: The Locator Technician is part of a team working on the gas utilities infrastructure ensuring that construction crews work safely. These duties involve determining where underground utilities can be placed and where existing utilities are located.
- Make SAFETY the #1 priority by adhering to and enforcing all company safety standards.
- Ensure all field locate & mark activities adhere to the company specifications and standards.
- Responsible for the ongoing compliance of all line locate & mark procedures and providing the best possible field assurance services to the client’s operations.
- Maintain well documented Daily Progress Reports (DPRs)
- Utilize maps and blueprints to identify and mark the location of utilities such as gas and electric lines if applicable.
- Document interactions, site information and utilities in organizational software.
- Communicate with customers and internal leadership.
- Use a variety of techniques including electronic, magnetic, blueprint analysis, and/or radar to locate utilities
- Provide daily and weekly production data reports.
- Post informational door tags/letters notifying residents of our inspection procedures,
- Maintain a professional relationship with client and their contractors other team members, and consistently deliver excellent client work.
- Execute job duties safely and in accordance with company policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED.
Prior field and/or surveying experience preferred.
Successfully pass DOT (compliant) drug screen and future random DOT drug screens.
Possession of a valid Driver's License and a satisfactory driving record is an ongoing requirement.
Physically able to conduct client site visits including walking without assistance, using balance to transvers uneven terrain, climbing ladders, and maneuvering in confined spaces. May need to crawl, kneel, or crouch. Occasional stooping, bending, reaching, and the strength to lift and carry work equipment (up to 50 pounds). Must have visual acuity to read printed materials, computer screens and inspect job sites. Must be able to communicate via hearing, speech and writing either in person, over the telephone or via computer. Must be able to use hands to finger, handle or feel a computer mouse and keyboard, reaching to computer or at a desk and using hands and arms to use equipment to inspect sites.
Work is predominantly outdoors in all weather and traffic conditions. The assigned schedule is agreed upon with resource management before hire. The individual must be able to drive safely and wear company-provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). There are routine discomforts from exposure to moderate heat, cold, moisture/wetness, and unpleasant air conditions. NG
Not quite right for you? For a full listing of all our openings, please visit us at: https://entrustsol.com/careers/
Who We Are:
ENTRUST Solutions Group, an ENR Top 100 company, is a community of people, 3,000+ strong, who are committed to our clients and each other. We provide comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to gas and electric utilities, telecommunication service providers, pipeline operators, and industrial companies.
In return for top talent, ENTRUST Solutions Group offers:
- Generous paid time off and benefits
- 401(k) retirement program with a company match
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work schedule
To learn more about ENTRUST Benefits and Culture, please visit our company LinkedIn page and follow us at:
ENTRUST Solutions Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. ENTRUST Solutions Group does not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with ENTRUST Solutions Group.