ENTRUST Solutions Group, an ENR Top 100 company, is a community of people, 2,500+ strong, who are committed to our clients and each other. We are diverse, talented, dedicated, and wholly focused on not only meeting the needs of our clients but exceeding their expectations.
We provide comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to gas and electric utilities, telecommunication service providers, pipeline operators, and industrial companies. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, our engineering professionals provide expertise in Renewables, Power Services, GIS and Data Solutions, Automation Integration, Pipeline Engineering, Integrity Services, Industrial Solutions, Telecommunications, and Process Safety Management.
At ENTRUST, we work together as a team to accomplish more than we would individually, delivering innovative engineering solutions to meet our clients’ needs, while consistently maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We are passionate about what we do, how we do it, and who we do it for. We work with a smile, connect easily with others, and believe that work-life balance and a flexible work environment benefits everyone.
In return for top talent, ENTRUST Solutions Group offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.
ENTRUST SOLUTIONS GROUP BY THE NUMBERS:
35+ US locations with licenses in all 50 states
3000+ Employees company-wide
31+ Languages in which our employees are fluent
105+ Professional Engineers (PE)
This position is responsible for performing detailed natural gas facility engineering design on a variety of engineering tasks that require a high level of technical expertise. This position is also responsible for performing engineering tasks on multiple projects concurrently that may contain a high degree of technical difficulty, making decisions and recommendations that are considered authoritative and have important impact on engineering discipline design decisions leading design responsibility as an engineering discipline lead and acting as a project manager on small projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applying sound and diversified knowledge of discipline engineering principles and practices in broad areas of project assignments. Capable of successfully solving complex problems that require creative solutions
- Initiating and maintaining extensive contacts with key engineers and officials in other organizations to confirm that engineering practices applied are consistent with current engineering standards, regulatory requirements, and current technological innovations
- Providing input to Project Managers and the Business Unit Leader concerning potential process and design improvements related to engineering design and technology
- Managing all projects that are assigned by the Project Manager, Sr. Project Manager, Director or Sr. Director to ensure the projects meet all required project measurements and indicators for performance which have been set by either the client or internally. These performance indicators include, but are not limited to, schedule performance, project budget performance, project profitability, client relationship and satisfaction, and project quality control.
- Assisting entry level engineers and provide quality feedback and guidance.
- Performing and/or reviewing engineering calculations such as hydrostatic test calculations, MAOP calculations, Velocity Calculations, Regulator, Meter & Actuator Sizing
- Developing and/or reviewing engineering deliverables such as hydrostatic test procedures, pneumatic test procedures, Bill of Materials, tie-in procedures, mechanical contractor scope of work, mechanical contractor bid unit/project pricing sheets.
- Meeting with client and client’s mechanical contractor during in-person or phone meetings and confidently describing project scope and design requirements while answering questions.
- Maintaining, implementing and monitoring a system of quality control and check on all projects assigned
- Maintaining a system to accurately forecast fee revenue on an ongoing monthly basis
- Monitoring the training needs of individual staff members whom are direct reports and identifying and scheduling training programs with the BUL
- Providing key support to the BUL in all business development activities
- Assisting in preparing proposals for the business unit by estimating engineering hours as an engineering discipline lead
- Developing and maintaining quality relationships with clients
- Maintaining a collaborative spirit in working with other Business Units providing the most optimum project team for projects often using personnel from multiple Business Units
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited university (Engineer) or appropriate technical degree or related experience (Specialist)
- Registration as a professional engineer is highly preferred
- Minimum of 6+ years of work experience with at least 4 years of work experience in the Natural Gas (Pipeline or Facilities) or Electric industry or a related industry. At least 4+ years of the work experience must be at a Natural Gas/Liquids operating company or at an engineering consulting firm.
- Strong understanding of PHMSA 49 CFR 192 rules and regulations applicable to gas pipeline design
- Strong understanding of station design requirements
- Strong understanding of project constructability
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with clients and staff members
- Strong technical engineering expertise (expert level) related to one or more engineering disciplines
- Strong industry contacts and knowledge of the industry
- Unquestioned business and personal integrity
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Firm; must also be able to work at a desk for long periods of time (2-3 hours); strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Ability to travel if required, including overnight travel and the ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment in designated areas.
ENTRUST Solutions Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. ENTRUST Solutions Group does not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with ENTRUST Solutions Group.