EN Trust, an ENR Top 100 company, is a community of people, 2,500+ strong, who are committed to our clients and each other. We are diverse, talented, dedicated, and wholly focused on not only meeting the needs of our clients but exceeding their expectations.
We provide comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to gas and electric utilities, telecommunication service providers, pipeline operators, and industrial companies. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, our engineering professionals provide expertise in Renewables, Power Services, GIS and Data Solutions, Automation Integration, Pipeline Engineering, Integrity Services, Industrial Solutions, Telecommunications, and Process Safety Management.
At EN, we work together as a team to accomplish more than we would individually, delivering innovative engineering solutions to meet our clients’ needs, while consistently maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We are passionate about what we do, how we do it, and who we do it for. We work with a smile, connect easily with others, and believe that work-life balance and a flexible work environment benefits everyone.
In return for top talent, EN Trust offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.
EN TRUST BY THE NUMBERS:
35+ US locations with licenses in all 50 states
2500+ Employees company-wide
31+ Languages in which our employees are fluent
105+ Professional Engineers (PE)
This is the first level of the non-Engineer degreed technical support role job classification. Distribution Line Technician an applies developing technical expertise to solve simple problems, and management skills to provide oversight of work in a specific area of developing expertise, with close supervision. Incumbents are expected to develop skills in their field of study, and the ability to work with some degree of independence.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Possesses background knowledge in engineering or computer science.
• Can conduct independent research.
• Utilize blueprints, wiring diagrams and manufacturer’s installation manuals to complete assigned projects.
• Operate GPS data collection equipment.
• Maintain all equipment in excellent working order.
• Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
• Works well on a team.
• Possesses solid writing skills.
• Communicates clearly and effectively.
• Can understand and interpret engineering terminology.
• Performs simple or routine tests.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• 3-5 years in the electrical trade
• High School Diploma required.
• 2-year Technical certificate in drafting or other technical skill preferred.
• Basic design skills, Microsoft office experience.
• Ability to understand instructions and independently carry out instructed tasks.
• Detail and quality oriented. Must be comfortable reading and interpreting technical documentation including blueprints, construction specifications and other items.
• Strong communication and customer skills.
• Ability to grow into responsibility for managing long term client program work.
• Unquestioned business and personal integrity.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Ability to work in hot, cold, or inclement climate conditions, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Firm; ability to lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds frequently; vision to read printed materials; use of computer and related systems management equipment, and the ability to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in designated areas.
Hourly, Non-Exempt Employee
EN Engineering is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. EN Engineering does not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with EN Engineering.