What You'll Do
This is a non-Engineer degreed technical support role. Initially on-site at ENTRUST's Milford, OH office, can transition to hybrid environment later. The Design Technician applies developing technical expertise to solve detailed electric utility distribution design problems utilizing industry/client software and processes. Utilizes time-management skills to work multiple design projects simultaneously, with close supervision. Incumbents are expected to develop skills in their field of study, and the ability to work with some degree of independence.
As a Design Technician, a typical day may include the following:
- Collect all field data necessary to begin and complete electric utility distribution/joint use designs.
- Using established project management processes, maintain data in tracking software.
- Learn and incorporate company safety rules and policies, company and client design standards and governing authority regulations into daily work and designs. Designs will meet all requirements of applicable company safety standards, company distribution construction standards, and governing authority regulations
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Excellent computer skills. Experience with pole foreman, DDS, O-Calc, AutoCAD/MicroStation would be a plus.
- Must have own vehicle and ability to travel if required.
Not quite right for you? For a full listing of all our openings, please visit us at https://entrustsol.com/careers/
Who We Are
ENTRUST Solutions Group, an ENR Top 100 company, is a community of people, 3,000+ strong, who are committed to our clients and each other. We provide comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to gas and electric utilities, telecommunication service providers, pipeline operators, and industrial companies.
In Return for Top Talent, ENTRUST Solutions Group offers:
- Generous paid time off and benefits
- 401(k) retirement program with a company match
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work schedule
To learn more about ENTRUST Benefits and Culture, please visit our company LinkedIn page and follow us at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/entrustsolutionsgroup
ENTRUST Solutions Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. ENTRUST Solutions Group does not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with ENTRUST Solutions Group.