What You’ll Do:
- The Distribution Planning Engineer in Analysis and Planning provides highly-skilled engineering services to assess power system performance under steady-state and dynamic conditions.
- Studies are primarily focused on power flow, transient stability, and short circuit analysis, but may address a variety of other concerns including economics, harmonics, and power quality.
- The Distribution Planning Engineer considers all aspects of power system design and operation to evaluate performance and develop recommendations to maintain reliability and efficiency of the bulk power system.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis in Power System Engineering and Analysis
- Approximately 2-5 years of experience in wide-area power system modeling, analysis, and planning, including power flow, transient stability, and short circuit studies
- Experience with power system analysis tools including, at a minimum, Siemens PTI PSS®E, GE PSLF or ASPEN software.
- Understanding of existing and proposed North American and regional reliability standards and criteria
- Understanding of protection system design and operation
- Understanding of equipment design and rating methods
- Understanding of harmonics and power quality issues
- Experience with Cyme or Synergi
- PE License or eligibility to obtain PE License within next 2 years
Not quite right for you? For a full listing of all our openings, please visit us at: https://entrustsol.com/careers/
Who We Are:
ENTRUST Solutions Group, an ENR Top 100 company, is a community of people, 3,000+ strong, who are committed to our clients and each other. We provide comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to gas and electric utilities, telecommunication service providers, pipeline operators, and industrial companies.
In return for top talent, ENTRUST Solutions Group offers:
- Generous paid time off and benefits
- 401(k) retirement program with a company match
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work schedule
To learn more about ENTRUST Benefits and Culture, please visit our company LinkedIn page and follow us at:
ENTRUST Solutions Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. ENTRUST Solutions Group does not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with ENTRUST Solutions Group.