What We Do:
ENTRUST Solutions Group, an ENR Top 100 company, is a community of people, 3,000+ strong, who are committed to our clients and each other. We are diverse, talented, dedicated, and wholly focused on not only meeting the needs of our clients but exceeding their expectations.
We provide comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to gas and electric utilities, telecommunication service providers, pipeline operators, and industrial companies.
Check out our company LinkedIn page and follow us at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/entrustsolutionsgroup
Who We Are:
At ENTRUST, we work together as a team to accomplish more than we would individually, delivering innovative engineering solutions to meet our clients’ needs, while consistently maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity. With 35+ locations and 31+ languages in which our employees are fluent.
In return for top talent, ENTRUST Solutions Group offers:
- Competitive Compensation
- Generous Paid Time Off and Benefits
- Unlimited growth opportunities and career development programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Remote opportunities available
- Positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect.
This position is responsible for performing engineering design on a variety of engineering tasks. The Design Specialist will utilize industry specifications and standards to ensure designs meet all safety requirements. The Design Specialist will work alongside senior specialists and engineers for guidance when they are in situations they haven’t encountered previously.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Applying sound knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of project assignments with supervision and assistance from engineers and managers
· Performing a variety of basic engineering tasks to assist in the production of plans, specifications, reports, diagrams, and engineering documents with supervision by engineers and supervisors
· Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary
· Basic CAD skills
· GIS experience preferred
· 3+ years in electric distribution design (4kV - 69kV) performing basic engineering tasks
· Enthusiasm to be a part of the team and open to learn new skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Unquestioned business and personal integrity
KNOWLEGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Understand basic concepts of conduit layout.
- Identify different pieces of equipment on the distribution system
- Ability to read and understand civil drawings
· Ability to produce accurate and error-free work
· Ability to learn and acquire skills and knowledge through continuous study/experience
· Ability and enthusiasm to be a team player and work with other to produce products/services
· Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter, work well without supervision
- Ability to extract information/instructions from documentation
- Highly organized and able to oversee several projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good listening skills with the ability to learn new processes and systems
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time (2-3 hours) with the ability to move at will; have vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; have hearing and speech skills to communicate in person, over the telephone or Teams/Skype/Zoom; have use of hands to finger, handle, type, or feel and manipulate mouse, keyboard, and computer equipment.
Hybrid working conditions exist in either a home office environment and/or work office or job site. Must possess ability to follow general safety guidelines and wear appropriate PPE. Must be able to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Firm. Must be able to travel overnight to other company office locations and/or client sites. Must have reliable transportation for field work and/or onsite visits (up to 20% of the position).