The Design Technician II can learn and read technical documents related to gas, electric and telecom operations and modify and update data within the utility data system reflecting the provided documentation. Responsibilities may include GPS survey, overhead/underground line locating, inspections, and documentation of power distribution, gas distribution, telecom facilities, ROW, and other related facilities. The Technician works across various utility operation departments relying upon Sr. Technicians, Engineers, and Managers for supervision and guidance on industry knowledge.
What You’ll Do:
- Meets and exceeds established productivity and quality targets. Is mindful of project timelines and budget constraints.
- Conducts communications in a professional and clear manner; communications are timely and in an appropriate format for the topic.
- Identifies information to be communicated to the client and project stakeholders through team leads and project managers.
- Completes design tasks for associated utility design projects. Tasks include but are not limited to design, drafting, calculations, easement validation; cost estimating & permit package development.
- Managing multiple tasks to ensure timely, successful completion of projects resulting in a high level of customer satisfaction and company/departmental goal achievements.
- Performs accurate updates/additions of new data to client records on all simple, medium, and some complex work content daily
- Identifies errors on source material and/or client data records and informs appropriate project members of resolution assistance required.
- Coordinates projects to accomplish timely construction and meet client needs
- Learns and incorporates company safety rules and policies, company design standards and governing authority regulations into daily work and designs. Designs will meet all requirements of applicable company safety standards, company distribution construction standards, and governing authority regulations
- Trains junior team members in established project processes and standards
- Self-checks work assignments prior to submitting for review, completes work with minimal errors. Participates in peer reviews and QC reviews.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of prior experience in construction, utility, or pipeline industry preferred
High School Diploma required. Associates degree preferred
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Design or GIS Design
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Detail and quality oriented. Must be comfortable reading and interpreting technical documentation including blueprints, construction specifications and other items.
- Strong work ethic with desire to work in a production environment
- Must have own vehicle and ability to travel if required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of basic software programs such as Microsoft Office and ArcGIS
- Skill to use hand-eye coordination, visual (near) acuity and depth perception.
- Skill to use effective verbal and listening communications.
- Ability to read, understand and closely follow both client and ENTRUST data standards and practices.
- Ability to concisely communicate technical concepts within the scope of their assignment.
- Ability to read and comprehend written material of a technical nature.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and thoroughness doing repetitive work on fixed schedules.
- Ability to acquire skills and knowledge through continuous experience and adapt as needed.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, plan daily activities, evaluate new situations, and respond accordingly.
- Ability to interdependently work with others to produce products/services.
- Ability to apply basic design skills.
Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time (2-3 hours) with the ability to move at will; have vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; have hearing and speech skills to communicate in person, over the telephone or Teams/Skype/Zoom; have use of hands to finger, handle, type, or feel and manipulate mouse, keyboard, and computer equipment
Hybrid working conditions exist in either a home office environment and/or work office or job site. Must possess ability to follow general safety guidelines and wear appropriate PPE. Must be able to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Firm
Not quite right for you? For a full listing of all our openings, please visit us at: https://entrustsol.com/careers/
Who We Are:
ENTRUST Solutions Group, an ENR Top 100 company, is a community of people, 3,000+ strong, who are committed to our clients and each other. We provide comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to gas and electric utilities, telecommunication service providers, pipeline operators, and industrial companies.
In return for top talent, ENTRUST Solutions Group offers:
- Generous paid time off and benefits
- 401(k) retirement program with a company match
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work schedule
To learn more about ENTRUST Benefits and Culture, please visit our company LinkedIn page and follow us at:
ENTRUST Solutions Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. ENTRUST Solutions Group does not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with ENTRUST Solutions Group.