What We Do:
ENTRUST Solutions Group, an ENR Top 100 company, is a community of people, 3,000+ strong, who are committed to our clients and each other. We are diverse, talented, dedicated, and wholly focused on not only meeting the needs of our clients but exceeding their expectations.
We provide comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to gas and electric utilities, telecommunication service providers, pipeline operators, and industrial companies.
Check out our company LinkedIn page and follow us at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/entrustsolutionsgroup
Who We Are:
At ENTRUST, we work together as a team to accomplish more than we would individually, delivering innovative engineering solutions to meet our clients’ needs, while consistently maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity. With 35+ locations and 31+ languages in which our employees are fluent.
In return for top talent, ENTRUST Solutions Group offers:
- Competitive Compensation
- Generous Paid Time Off and Benefits
- Unlimited growth opportunities and career development programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Remote opportunities available
- Positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect
We are looking for an individual with power transmission line design experience along with the drive and ambition to grow themselves as well as our Transmission Engineering practice. Our ideal candidate will fill the position of Transmission Engineer in our Transmission Engineering Group. The position entails understanding clients’ needs then defining and developing relevant and world-class solutions from design all the way through construction and energization. Additional opportunities include refining work processes, developing business and continuing our tradition of developing and maintaining long term client relationships.
- Provide exceptional client services with effective and enthusiastic marketing for our Transmission related services.
- Routing, design, and execution of high voltage overhead transmission line projects (69kV to 500kV) with expected development into acting as a technical lead for projects.
- Structure analysis and loading trees, wire sag and tension analysis, developing design criteria and specifications for transmission line design and procurement of materials, project cost estimating, and quality control reviews.
- Preparation of drawings and specifications for construction of transmission line projects.
- Construction management and inspection.
- Regularly meets and corresponds with clients or outside personnel.
- Regular Travel for project site visits and field reviews.
- Actively engages and supports business development initiatives in the transmission line market.
- Working in collaboration with other ESC personnel and from other practice areas based on project requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited engineering school.
- Licensed professional engineer by examination (must have passed both the EIT/FE and PE tests) would be preferred. If not, must be preparing to take the PE exam in the short term.
- Minimum two (2) years of work experience related to routing and design of high voltage overhead transmission line facilities.
- Experience in 69kV to 500kV overhead line design including expertise in Power Line Systems based programs (PLS, PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE) is required.
- Experience in the design of drilled pier foundations.
- Familiarity with design codes and standards such as NESC, IEC, CSA, IEEE, ANSI, IBC, ASCE 7, AISC, AND ACI 318.
- Personality to work with other engineering and operational personnel at small-to- medium rural cooperatives and small-to-medium municipalities as well as industrial concerns.
- Problem-solving and client service orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly technical staff, and manage multiple tasks and
- Experience in developing engineering proposals and cost estimates.
- Ability to maintain and develop business with both existing and new/identified clients.
- People-oriented team player.
- Safety-conscious and aware.
- Confident handling of the appropriate software for design purposes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and AutoCAD.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed within the continental U.S.
- Legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. without the need for sponsorship (proper identification required).
- Must live in the Portland, OR area, and expected to stay local for project work.
- 8+ years of applicable experience.
- Master's degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an accredited program.
- Proficiency with PLS-TOWER, SAG10, LPILE, MFAD, ArcGIS, AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Underground transmission design experience.
- Distribution/underbuild design experience.
- Surveying experience.
- Construction management and inspection experience
ENTRUST Solutions Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. ENTRUST does not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with ENTRUST Solutions Group.