ENTRUST Solutions Group, an ENR Top 100 company, is a community of people, 2,500+ strong, who are committed to our clients and each other. We are diverse, talented, dedicated, and wholly focused on not only meeting the needs of our clients but exceeding their expectations.
We provide comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to gas and electric utilities, telecommunication service providers, pipeline operators, and industrial companies. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, our engineering professionals provide expertise in Renewables, Power Services, GIS and Data Solutions, Automation Integration, Pipeline Engineering, Integrity Services, Industrial Solutions, Telecommunications, and Process Safety Management.
At ENTRUST, we work together as a team to accomplish more than we would individually, delivering innovative engineering solutions to meet our clients’ needs, while consistently maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We are passionate about what we do, how we do it, and who we do it for. We work with a smile, connect easily with others, and believe that work-life balance and a flexible work environment benefits everyone.
In return for top talent, ENTRUST Solutions Group offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.
ENTRUST SOLUTIONS GROUP BY THE NUMBERS:
35+ US locations with licenses in all 50 states
3000+ Employees company-wide
31+ Languages in which our employees are fluent
105+ Professional Engineers (PE)
Kestrel Power Engineering is a highly specialized consulting service company in the ENTRUST portfolio and an industry leader in the power generation industry. We specialize in the technical aspects of power generation and generation controls. With this specialized background we’re able to help our clients throughout N. America meet their technical and compliance related challenges. As the demands on the bulk power system grow each day, we’re able to leverage our expertise to help our clients adapt to the changing pace of power generation.
Endeavor to become a generation controls master. Balance of in-the-field and office-based analysis training guided by industry-renowned experts. Relevant areas of interest: electric machines, renewable generation, stability, controls, protection and coordination, power flow and dynamics modeling.
-Office work at engineer’s home office (location independent throughout USA, presently preferred eastern US) consists of analyzing field data, developing test plans, prepping for field work, and documenting analysis results.
- Field work takes place at large power plants (hydro, combustion turbines, thermal/ nuclear turbines, wind, photo-voltaic) throughout the USA consisting of directing generation resource through a series of planned tests and capturing data to be used for analysis.
-First 2-4 years, balance is ~75% / 25% (field/office). With experience and competency, engineer will transition to ~25% / 75% (field/office), as desired.
We are a team of passionate generator controls experts with backgrounds from academia, consulting, and utility experience. Kestrel trains each Engineer to have a well-rounded, industry leading skillset while allowing individuals to pursue and leverage individual interests and skillsets.The new hire will initially refine their understanding of industry fundamentals and learn a gamut of generator controls, power systems skills and compliance related topics.
Due to the high-barrier-to-entry regarding analysis, new hires will primarily train for the first 1-2 years of employment to harness concepts/skills necessary to capture data in the field as an independent operative. This involves hands-on interaction with instrumentation, control systems, and protection systems of Bulk Electric System generation under the guidance of experienced team members. The engineer’s talents and specific interest will be the primary vector for further evolving skillsets for advanced application.
Field work is conducted at large scale power plants, with outputs anywhere from 1 MegaWatts (MW) to 3 GigaWatts (GW). The first 3-5 years will be approximately 75% / 25% (field/office). As the engineer gains experience and knowledge associated with the field and essentials for office work, opportunities will arise to focus on analysis and development in the home office.
· Completion of, or Expected completion of a Bachelor or Master of Science (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering (or similar engineering tailored to controls / power systems)
· An undergraduate-level exposure to power generation fundamentals
· Background in control theory – experience with MATLAB/Simulink and similar
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel
· Programming experience is beneficial but not required
· Enthusiasm for travel and meeting new people
· Must be authorized to work in the United States
· Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds; field equipment is not light
· Must have a valid driver’s license
· Desire to become an industry leading expert in generators and control systems.
· Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification
· Any experience with power system simulation tools
· Any understanding of relay protection systems
· Desire to tinker and/or improve hardware and/or software
ENTRUST Solutions Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. ENTRUST does not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with ENTRUST Solutions Group.