What You’ll Do:
We are a team of passionate generator controls experts with backgrounds from academia, consulting, and utility experience. Kestrel will teach you to be a well-rounded, industry leading Engineer. We will help you to refine your understanding of industry fundamentals and learn a gamut of generator controls, power systems skills and compliance related topics.
Office work at engineer’s home office (preferred Ontario, Canada) consists of analyzing field data, developing test plans, prepping for field work, and documenting analysis results.
- Field work takes place at large power plants (hydro, combustion turbines, thermal/ nuclear turbines, wind, photo-voltaic) throughout Canada consisting of directing generation resource through a series of planned tests and capturing data to be used for analysis.
- 35% travel required
- Completion of a Bachelor or Master of Science (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering (or similar engineering tailored to controls / power systems)
- 5+ years of applicable work experience
- Exposure to power generation fundamentals
- Background in control theory – experience with MATLAB/Simulink and similar
Detail oriented: The little things matter!
Collaborative: When we all succeed, we’re better for it!
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification
- Any experience with power system simulation tools
- Any understanding of relay protection systems
Not quite right for you? For a full listing of all our openings, please visit us at: https://entrustsol.com/careers/
Who We Are:
ENTRUST Solutions Group, an ENR Top 100 company, is a community of people, 3,000+ strong, who are committed to our clients and each other. We provide comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to gas and electric utilities, telecommunication service providers, pipeline operators, and industrial companies. Kestrel Power Engineering is a highly specialized consulting service company in the ENTRUST portfolio and an industry leader in the power generation industry. We specialize in the technical aspects of power generation and generation controls. With this specialized background we’re able to help our clients throughout Canada and meet their technical and compliance related challenges. As the demands on the bulk power system grow each day, we’re able to leverage our expertise to help our clients adapt to the changing pace of power generation.
In return for top talent, ENTRUST Solutions Group offers:
- Generous paid time off and benefits
- Retirement savings program with a company match
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work schedule
To learn more about ENTRUST Benefits and Culture, please visit our company LinkedIn page and follow us at:
ENTRUST Solutions Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. ENTRUST does not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with ENTRUST Solutions Group.