What We Do:
ENTRUST Solutions Group, an ENR Top 100 company, is a community of people, 3,000+ strong, who are committed to our clients and each other. We are diverse, talented, dedicated, and wholly focused on not only meeting the needs of our clients but exceeding their expectations.
We provide comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to gas and electric utilities, telecommunication service providers, pipeline operators, and industrial companies.
Check out our company LinkedIn page and follow us at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/entrustsolutionsgroup
Who We Are:
At ENTRUST, we work together as a team to accomplish more than we would individually, delivering innovative engineering solutions to meet our clients’ needs, while consistently maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity. With 35+ locations and 31+ languages in which our employees are fluent.
In return for top talent, ENTRUST Solutions Group offers:
- Competitive Compensation
- Generous Paid Time Off and Benefits
- Unlimited growth opportunities and career development programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Remote opportunities available
- Positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect
This position is critical to the safety and quality control operations of the Firm. The position is responsible for overseeing a variety of field activities performed by contracting companies to ensure compliance with OSHA laws and Federal Safety Standards for Transportation of Natural And Other Gas By Pipeline (49 C.F.R. Part 192). The position duties include but are not limited to non-manual compliance assurance work in Field activities including monitoring, overseeing, and determining compliance of Transmission pipeline inspection to determine compliance with federal regulations, coordinating safety laws with Operations and Maintenance manuals (O&M) to determine compliance with both, regulator station inspection, Distribution System inspection, and record keeping. This position requires an intimate knowledge of code, federal law regulating the Pipeline industry (49 C.F.R. part 192), operations activities, and procedures of the customer and other third parties on the job site. The Welding Inspector provides oversight and direction for contracted welders to ensure the proper procedures are followed and visually inspect and approve welds using the inspector’s independent judgment and knowledge and experience in the industry.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and directs pipeline and gas distribution field activities performed by contracting company personnel ensuring that applicable federal laws and construction standards, company and safety policies, and regulatory requirements are met.
- Utilizes independent judgment in monitoring and determining whether the applicable standards being met by third party contracting employees.
- Utilizes independent judgment in determining whether applicable federal code and/or standards are being followed and satisfied, in directing the work being performed by contractors, and in issuing a stop work order when the work being performed by the contractor employees is not in compliance.
- Performs Quality Control checks on work being performed by contractor crews to evaluate and ensure code compliance.
- Utilizes independent judgment and discretion in determining the seriousness of any diversions from code or policy compliance and determines, directs, and implements steps to resolve any issues or noncompliance.
- Exercises discretion in determining the needs for and scheduling specialty crews which involves interpreting the code to determine the federal requirements for third party specialty crews such as X-Ray for welds and Tapping and Stopping crews for field compliance.
- Records an accurate record of work performed by contracting company personnel from safety and efficiency perspectives.
- Conducts daily safety inspections to ensure work is performed in compliance with OSHA standards and applicable ENE and/or client standards.
- Observes, document, and report daily construction activities to both ENE and the client.
- Ensures, oversees, and approves that specific utility’s O&M procedures and federal regulations are being followed.
- Participates in daily safety briefing (tailgate, JSA meeting).
- Ensures contractor and crew have proper Operator Qualification’s for the tasks being performed.
- Oversee and approve workmanship and welds to ensure welding procedures are being adhered to.
- May supervise and direct work of other welding inspectors on large projects.
- Directs contractor crew welders to make corrections in a manner in which the inspector determines should be corrected.
- Determines whether a weld needs to be repaired or replaced due to the lack of quality in the weld and communicates that decision directly to the contractor.
- Determines if a welder is not performing adequately due to lack of quality in the welds completed by the welder and communicates the decision to remove a welder due to poor performance directly to the client.
- Maintains pipe stencil information, including wall thickness, grade and heat numbers and ensures that such information is recorded for any pipe joint that is cut. Coordinates with other contractor(s) performing non-destructive testing (NDT) and directs that each weld is properly tested and approved by inspector prior to backfill.
- Documentation - record material heat numbers/serial numbers, daily progress reports, welder OQ documentation, x-ray test records, and any client specific documentation required.
- Creates weld maps when necessary and submits them as part of the as-built documentation.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in the utility or pipeline industries or a related industry.
- Specialized knowledge of gas distribution, pipeline and/or facility code requirements and procedures (OSHA, 49 C.F.R. Part 192, regional codes, operation manuals, etc.).
- AWS CWI or CPWI certification required
- API 1169 certification preferred
- Coating experience
- Collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to lead and build relationships with other workers.
- Unquestioned business and personal integrity.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
While not performing manual field work, must possess mobility to work in a field setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Firm; must also be able to work at a desk for short periods of time (1-2 hours); must be able to work in the field for long periods of time (8 – 12 hours); strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone; drive long distances to work location from personal dwelling (mobilization).
For a full listing of all our openings, please visit us at Careers - ENTRUST Solutions Group
ENTRUST Solutions Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.