ENTRUST Solutions Group, an ENR Top 100 company, is a community of people, 3,000+ strong, who are committed to our clients and each other. We are diverse, talented, dedicated, and wholly focused on not only meeting the needs of our clients but exceeding their expectations.
We provide comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to gas and electric utilities, telecommunication service providers, pipeline operators, and industrial companies. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, our engineering professionals provide expertise in Renewables, Power Services, GIS and Data Solutions, Automation Integration, Pipeline Engineering, Integrity Services, Industrial Solutions, Telecommunications, and Process Safety Management.
At ENTRUST, we work together as a team to accomplish more than we would individually, delivering innovative engineering solutions to meet our clients’ needs, while consistently maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We are passionate about what we do, how we do it, and who we do it for. We work with a smile, connect easily with others, and believe that work-life balance and a flexible work environment benefits everyone.
In return for top talent, ENTRUST Solutions Group offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.
ENTRUST SOLUTIONS GROUP BY THE NUMBERS:
35+ US locations with licenses in all 50 states
3000+ Employees company-wide
31+ Languages in which our employees are fluent
105+ Professional Engineers (PE)
This position is responsible for performing engineering design on a variety of engineering tasks and developing technical expertise to solve simple problems, with moderate on-going supervision. The Senior Design Technician receives technical guidance on new design topics that have not been experienced by the Senior Design Technician. The Senior Design Technician will work closely with other engineers/specialists and Senior engineers/specialists on typical engineering assignments tasks which are not familiar to the Senior Design Technician. The Senior Design Technician must have the ability to design basic residential gas and/or electric service & meter work with minimal guidance and ability to capture field notes & measurements with minimal guidance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applying sound engineering knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of project assignments with on-going moderate supervision and assistance from other engineers and managers
- Performing a variety of basic engineering tasks to assist in the production of plans, specifications, reports, diagrams, and engineering documents with on-going moderate supervision by other engineers and supervisors
- Working 25% in the field and 75% in the office.
- Providing reliable and consistence customer service.
- Managing multiple projects in order to assure timely, successful completion for projects resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction and company/departmental goal achievements.
- Responsibilities may include GPS survey, overhead/underground line locating, inspections, testing, and documentation of power distribution, gas distribution, ROW, compressors, and other related facilities
- Coordinating projects for construction across multiple departments to accomplish timely construction and meet customer, crew members or client needs within a negotiated timeframe
- Completing design task for associated utility design projects. Tasks include but are not limited to drafting, engineering calculations, easement validation; design/construction cost estimating & permit package development.
- Reviewing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for update or conflict review
- Performing accurate updates/additions of new data to client records on all complexity work content on a daily basis.
- Identifying errors on source material and/or client data records and informing appropriate project members of resolution assistance required.
- Assisting in performing Quality Control processes on team members’ work, documenting redlines, and providing feedback, as needed.
- Learning and incorporating company safety rules and policies, company design standards and governing authority regulations into daily work and designs. Designs will meet all requirements of applicable company safety standards, company distribution construction standards, and governing authority regulations
- Assisting in oversite and training of Design Technicians on team with management direction.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary
- Appropriate technical degree, background or related experience
- 1 to 4 years industry (utility) design or demonstrated job knowledge
- Experience in GIS software (SmallWorld, Bentley Utility Designer) and Basic CAD skills is preferred (Beginner – AutoCAD, Beginner – Micro-Station)
- Experience in gas and/or electric distribution design is preferred
- Ability to understand instructions and independently carry out instructed tasks
- Detail and quality oriented. Must be comfortable reading and interpreting technical documentation including blue prints, construction specifications and other items
- Customer and client service experience (Strong oral and written communication skills)
- Ability to grow into responsibility for managing long term client program work
- Must have own vehicle and ability to travel if required
- Enthusiasm to be a part of the team and open to learn new skills
- Unquestioned business and personal integrity
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Firm; must also be able to work at a desk for long periods of time (2-3 hours); strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Ability to travel if required, including overnight travel and the ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment in designated areas.
ENTRUST Solutions Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. ENTRUST Solutions Group does not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with ENTRUST Solutions Group.