What We Do:
ENTRUST Solutions Group, an ENR Top 100 company, is a community of people, 3,000+ strong, who are committed to our clients and each other. We are diverse, talented, dedicated, and wholly focused on not only meeting the needs of our clients but exceeding their expectations.
We provide comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to gas and electric utilities, telecommunication service providers, pipeline operators, and industrial companies.
Check out our company LinkedIn page and follow us at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/entrustsolutionsgroup
Who We Are:
At ENTRUST, we work together as a team to accomplish more than we would individually, delivering innovative engineering solutions to meet our clients’ needs, while consistently maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity. With 35+ locations and 31+ languages in which our employees are fluent.
In return for top talent, ENTRUST Solutions Group offers:
A Consultant in the EN Engineering Systems Analysis and Consulting group focused on Transmission System Planning & Analysis provides highly-skilled engineering and analytically based services to assess power system performance for electric transmission systems under steady-state and dynamic conditions. Studies are primarily focused on power flow, transient stability, and short circuit analysis, but may address a variety of other concerns including economics, harmonics, transient analysis, and power quality. The Transmission planning and analysis consultant considers all aspects of power system design and operation to evaluate performance and develop recommendations to maintain reliability and efficiency of the bulk power system. Additionally, they may be called upon to assist and mentor less experienced staff in performance of studies and advancement of skills.
· Power system modeling and analysis in the long-term, near-term, and operational planning horizons using power flow, transient stability, and short circuit software
· Develop and evaluate alternatives for the interconnection or modification of generating units and other resources, elective upgrades, and independent transmission projects
· Advise clients on study processes and methods used in various ISOs/RTOs and transmission owners for assessing system reliability, transmission service, and interconnections
· Assess the reliability and efficiency of existing and planned power systems; develop solutions where necessary to address concerns and maintain compliance with applicable standards and criteria
· Develop and validate models for generating units, inverters, other resources, and controllable transmission assets
· Develop study methods and resource plans to deliver studies that meet client schedules and expectations
· Provide technical expertise to other practice areas
· Prepare and present detailed technical reports
· Provide peer review and editorial feedback
· Manage and mentor less experienced staff and assist with training and development of new skills
· Manage client expectations through regular communications
· Assist in preparation of proposals and client outreach
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with concentration in power systems engineering and equivalent experience developed through detailed analysis of power systems;
· Minimum 10 years of experience in wide-area power system modeling, analysis, and planning, including power flow, transient stability, and short circuit studies for interconnections on the transmission system in the Eastern Interconnect
· Proficient with power system modeling and analysis tools including, at a minimum, Siemens PTI PSS®E Steady State Power Flow and Dynamics as well as PowerGem TARA
· Highly experienced with rules, tariffs, guidelines, and processes of system operators (ISOs/RTOs) and studies of interconnections and transmission service
· Effective working both independently, as well as leading and working in teams across functional groups that vary from fundamentally technical to potentially non-technical
· Excellent technical, analytical, and organizational skills
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Excellent negotiation and consensus-building skills
Highly Preferred Attributes
· Master’s degree also preferred for advanced individuals
· Experience with power system analysis tools including Powertech Labs DSATools TSAT, VSAT, PSAT PSCAD, Aspen, CAPE, or GE PSLF software
· Experience in specifying and leading large-scale and complex studies and teams using advanced analytical techniques and tools
· Experience developing and writing performance scripts to run automated or batch simulations and analyzing output data, such as Python, MATLAB, or other tools or programming languages.
· Understanding of existing and proposed North American and regional reliability standards and criteria
· Understanding of protection system design and operation
· Understanding of equipment design and rating methods
· Understanding of harmonics and power quality issues
Additional desirable attributes include:
· Experience performing engineering economics assessments to identify optimum or most efficient outcomes
· Experience in other power system engineering areas such as system operations, protection system design and analysis, substation design, distribution planning, or distribution automation
· Experience or understanding of renewable resources and their technical and operational characteristics (such as solar and battery storage installations)
· Experience using tools for evaluation of power system phenomena such as voltage stability, small signal stability, electromagnetic transients, production cost modeling, and optimal power flow
· Experience in supporting or providing technical analysis, affidavits, or testimony in regulatory processes before FERC, state public service commissions, or state facility siting boards.
ENTRUST Solutions Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.