This position will be a combination of remote, in-office, and on-site work. It will require travel about 30% of the time to sites in the Southern CA area, including Orange County, Los Angeles County & San Diego
ENTRUST Solutions Group is an ENR Top 100 company. We are a community of people, 3,000+ strong, who are committed to our clients and each other. We are diverse, talented, dedicated, and wholly focused on not only meeting the needs of our clients but exceeding their expectations.
We provide comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to gas and electric utilities, telecommunication service providers, pipeline operators, and industrial companies. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, our engineering professionals provide expertise in Renewables, Power Services, GIS and Data Solutions, Automation Integration, Pipeline Engineering, Integrity Services, Industrial Solutions, Telecommunications, and Process Safety Management.
At ENTRUST, we work together as a team to accomplish more than we would individually, delivering innovative engineering solutions to meet our clients’ needs, while consistently maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We are passionate about what we do, how we do it, and who we do it for. We work with a smile, connect easily with others, and believe that work-life balance and a flexible work environment benefits everyone.
In return for top talent, ENTRUST Solutions Group offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.
We’re actively seeking a Project Manager to manage & drive a diverse portfolio of projects within the utility space.
This position is responsible for key technical direction and review of all electrical design projects (either reviews or delegates to technically competent reviewer all stages of the project). In addition, this position is responsible for the development of practice area firm wide electrical design standards, quality control processes, detailed engineering design procedures and development of the electrical personnel throughout the company. This position requires a high level of technical expertise as well as strong communication, organization, and management tasks to ensure company-wide objectives are met.
- Must be safety conscious with an exemplary safety record
- Must be environmentally conscious
- Capability to Apply sound and diversified knowledge of electrical engineering principles and practices in broad areas of project assignments including meter and regulation stations, compressor stations and pump stations.
- Coordinate with electrical and other disciplines engineers (mechanical, civil, structural) to ensure full compliance of the project electrical design with the requirements specified on project design scope, relevant industry standards and the design basis requirements.
- Guide the electrical design engineers to resolve engineering problems in accordance with industry principles, codes and standards.
- Develop and/or review budgets or proposals with estimate of man-hours and cost for design as well as project supervision.
- Oversee design efforts of Engineers to assure projects are completed satisfactorily on time and within budget.
- Develop and/or review the electrical drawings, construction and material specifications to ensure that the design and constructions conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Develop and/or review special study reports, design calculations and design specifications.
- Develop and/or review BOM, equipment/materials specifications and selection, construction specifications, testing and commissioning procedures.
- Providing leadership to the engineering design teams as the technical design leader for one or more engineering disciplines and leads the technical design team on technical issues
- Providing input to Project Managers and the Business Unit Leader concerning potential process and design improvements related to engineering design and technology
- Maintaining an expert level of technical expertise in one or more engineering disciplines
- Initiating and maintaining extensive contacts with key engineers and officials in other organizations to confirm that engineering practices applied are consistent with current engineering standards, regulatory requirements, and current technological innovations
- Assisting with training and development of other engineers to provide technical guidance and training related to engineering design and code compliance issues in the area of engineering expertise
- Assisting in identifying areas of new business opportunities related to the area of engineering expertise.
- Maintaining a collaborative spirit in working with other business units providing the most optimum project team for projects often using personnel from multiple Business Units
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering
- Advanced Degree in Business MBA; PMP preferred
- Experience Managing Projects, Business Development, Budget & Staff Management, Customer Service, and Building Relationships with Clients
- Power Utility Experience – Power Studies, Power Flow Analysis
- Experience with PLS, Pole Flow Analysis software, Load Flow Analysis Software
- Previous department management experience in a matrix service organization is strongly preferred.
- Shall have knowledge of electrical safety codes, Electrical Hazardous area classification codes, engineering practices with economic principles, and international electrical codes, standards & specifications.
- Shall have excellent knowledge of "Power System Studies" including reliability, stability and relay coordination.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent client relations skills
- Must be willing to travel
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Ability to build relationships with clients and staff members
- Strong technical engineering expertise (expert level) related to one or more disciplines
- Strong industry contacts and knowledge of the industry
- Unquestioned business and personal integrity
All offers are contingent upon receipt of satisfactory results of a pre-employment drug test and criminal background screening.
ENTRUST Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Compensation and Benefits:·
- This position pays between $91,000 and $135,000 annually and is an exempt position.
- Benefits offered include company sponsored medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) plan with company match. Also offered are tuition reimbursement, voluntary life, disability, critical illness, accident and hospitalization plans. HSA or FSA medical accounts and FSA dependent care and transportation/parking accounts are also available. These benefits are subject to employee contribution amounts generally set annually.
- Full time employees are eligible to earn PTO hours.
- May be eligible for discretionary bonus as determined by the company.