What We Do:
ENTRUST Solutions Group, an ENR Top 100 company, is a community of people, 3,000+ strong, who are committed to our clients and each other. We are diverse, talented, dedicated, and wholly focused on not only meeting the needs of our clients but exceeding their expectations.
We provide comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to gas and electric utilities, telecommunication service providers, pipeline operators, and industrial companies.
Check out our company LinkedIn page and follow us at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/entrustsolutionsgroup
Who We Are:
At ENTRUST, we work together as a team to accomplish more than we would individually, delivering innovative engineering solutions to meet our clients’ needs, while consistently maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity. With 35+ locations and 31+ languages in which our employees are fluent.
In return for top talent, ENTRUST Solutions Group offers:
This is the first level of the non-Engineer degreed technical support role job classification. Field Technician applies developing technical expertise to solve simple problems, and management skills to provide oversight of work in a specific area of developing expertise, with close supervision. Incumbents are expected to develop skills in their field of study, and the ability to work with some degree of independence.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsibilities may include GPS survey, overhead/underground line locating, inspections, testing, and documentation of power distribution, gas distribution, ROW, compressors, and other related facilities
· Complete design task for associated utility design projects. Tasks include but are not limited to drafting, engineering calculations, easement validation; design/construction cost estimating & permit package development.
· Managing multiple projects in order to assure timely, successful completion for projects resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction and company/departmental goal achievements.
· Ability to review Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for update or conflict
· Coordinate projects for construction across multiple departments to accomplish timely construction and meet customer, crew member or client needs within a negotiated timeframe
· Learn and incorporate company safety rules and policies, company design standards and governing authority regulations into daily work and designs. Designs will meet all requirements of applicable company safety standards, company distribution construction standards, and governing authority regulations
· 1-3 years of general construction or utility experience preferred
· High School Diploma required. Technical certificate in drafting or other technical skill preferred.
· Basic design skills, AutoCAD or Microstation knowledge preferred
· Ability to understand instructions and independently carry out instructed tasks
· Detail and quality oriented. Must be comfortable reading and interpreting technical documentation including blue prints, construction specifications and other items.
· Strong communication and customer skills.
· Must have own vehicle and ability to travel if required.
· Ability to grow into responsibility for managing long term client program work
Unquestioned business and personal integrity
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Ability to work in hot, cold, or inclement climate conditions, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Firm; ability to lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds frequently; vision to read printed materials; use of computer and related systems management equipment, as well as, corrosion testing equipment and tools; 20-30% travel required, including overnight travel and the ability to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in designated areas.